Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Ally Brooke's 'healing' collaboration with Fifth Harmony bandmate Dinah Jane

2023-12-01 16:28
Ally Brooke has found recording a festive track with her former Fifth Harmony bandmate Dinah Jane to be "fantastic healing".
Ally Brooke's 'healing' collaboration with Fifth Harmony bandmate Dinah Jane

Ally Brooke has found recording a festive track with Dinah Jane to be "fantastic healing".

The Fifth Harmony singers have teamed up for a cover of 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas' in what marks the first collaboration between members of the group for the first time since they went their separate ways in 2018, and it was "empowering" for them to get back into the recording studio together.

Ally told Rolling Stone magazine: "It’s just been fantastic to be reuniting with Dinah. I feel like me and her connected in such a special way. We had similar upbringings and backgrounds. We know the grind and the love that we have for music and for what we do.

"Me and Dinah loved to sing with each other. Together, we were unstoppable. We really were.

"To be able to reunite has been empowering. It’s really such fantastic healing."

And the pair are keen to work together again on something else.

Ally said of the possibility: "I would love to do more with Dinah. We’re just beginning, and I’m just so glad we have the collab that we have. Especially in the world nowadays, I feel like the world needs happiness and they need something that’ll bring that magical feeling."

Dinah added: "I would love to. I’m even down to just even song-write, and get into a studio."

And Dinah admitted the project has made her keen to get closer to former bandmates Normani, Lauren Jauregui, and Camila Cabello again.

She said: Music is very healing. Collaborating again and starting from scratch would be a very big healer as well. This planted the seed for us, I would say. I would collaborate with any of the girls, honestly, but just to hear each other’s stories and be open with one another because we know it’s not easy out here in these streets. I think just getting to know the new us and just making sure every girl’s okay and in a better head space. I know for a fact that I went through my own storm, I can only imagine what everyone else is facing.

AB: