Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'What's that per word?' Michelle Obama's $740K 'diversity and inclusion' speech payday gets slammed

2023-09-26 14:59
Michelle was approached to address the conference after she ‘topped the list’ of people that participants wanted to see take part ‘year after year’
'What's that per word?' Michelle Obama's $740K 'diversity and inclusion' speech payday gets slammed

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Michelle Obama came under fierce criticism after it came to light that she is set to receive nearly $750,000 for an hour-long speech at a tech fair in the southern German city of Munich.

The 59-year-old Former First Lady raked in the staggering payment for speaking at the “Britz & Pretzels” conference, a start-up event held on the sidelines of the annual Oktoberfest beer festival on Monday, September 25.

The event’s webpage stated that Michelle would address nearly 5,000 attendees on how to 'push past self-doubt while discussing the importance of inclusivity and diversity.'

Two sources close to the conference organizers told Daily Mail that for her appearance at the three-day event, the former attorney will be paid 700,000 euros, which is roughly the equivalent of $741,000.

Axios previously reported that Michelle Obama could be booked for $200,000, while her husband cost $400,000.

Why did organizers choose Michelle Obama to address the conference?

Organizers previously asserted that the Harvard graduate was approached to address the conference after she ‘topped the list’ of people that participants wanted to see take part ‘year after year.’

"They really pulled out all the stops to get her," said one person close to the team behind the annual ‘Bits and Pretzels’ forum, according to Daily Mail. "It’s one of the highest fees that they have ever paid," the insider continued.

The Bits & Pretzels conference is set over three days and hears from founders of national and international companies that tell their success stories, as well as guest speakers like Michelle Obama.

During her husband Barack Obama's two consecutive terms as president, Michelle served as the First Lady of the United States from January 2009 until January 2017.

She has been mentioned recently as a possible replacement for Joe Biden, 80 if he decides to withdraw from the 2024 presidential candidature due to worries about his cognitive ability.

Leaders of the Democratic Party are concerned that Biden would lose to resurgent GOP frontrunner Donald Trump.

Even the Biden-bashing Senator from Texas, Ted Cruz, believes Obama is preparing to run despite her denials. "Here's the scenario that I think is perhaps most likely, and most dangerous," he said on his podcast, adding, "In August of 2024, the Democrat kingmakers jettison Joe Biden and parachute in Michelle Obama."

Internet slams Michelle Obama over staggering pay-check

The news of Michelle Obama’s staggering paycheck has garnered immense social media attention, with users slamming her over the payment.

“Michelle Obama's getting $741,000 for an hour on diversity? Guess my 2-minute pep talk to my plants about sunlight equality should net me at least a cool $25,000!” one user said.

“What a fantastic waste of money!” a second user fumed while the third wrote, “What are they getting in return?”

“I want the word count on that so I can get my calculator out…do the math!” another user asserted.

“'Bits and Pretzels' is my new favorite euphemism 🥰,” one more said.

Tags news