Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Paige Spiranac proposes Battle of Sexes format for ‘The Match’, demands inclusion of LPGA pros: ‘Give me Jessica Korda, Nelly Korda’

2023-08-12 16:47
Paige Spiranac's proposal evoked mixed responses from fans, with some labelling Jessica and Nelly Korda 'boring when they play'
Paige Spiranac proposes Battle of Sexes format for ‘The Match’, demands inclusion of LPGA pros: ‘Give me Jessica Korda, Nelly Korda’

WHEAT RIDGE, COLORADO: Golf influencer Paige Spiranac joined sportscaster and television personality Kay Adams on his show 'Up and Adams' for a comprehensive conversation about the world of golf. The two delved into various aspects of a golfing career.

In one notable segment of the interview, Spiranac put forth a suggestion for LPGA players to take part in the 'The Match' competition but introduced a battle of the sexes concept to it. She specifically mentioned players like Jessica Korda and Nelly Korda.

Paige Spiranac's conversation centered around the idea of welcoming women players into 'The Match'

Paige Spiranac proposes Battle of the Sexes format for 'The Match'

During her interview session with Adams, Spiranac introduced an intriguing idea: the inclusion of LPGA women players in the 'The Match' and changing the format of the matches to a Battle of the Sexes type of competition.

This topic emerged when the interviewer raised the question of potential participants for the upcoming 'The Match' event.

Spiranac proceeded to express her viewpoint on how the Battle of Sexes format could be revamped. She candidly stated, “It's gonna be a bit of a hot take, but I'm sick of seeing NFL players and NBA players. I wanna see some women competing.”

Prompted by this sentiment, she proposed, “Why don't we do a little combination where we have some LPGA pros?” She further named renowned golf players who could potentially participate, saying, “Give me some Jessica Korda. Give me Nelly Korda.”

She contrasted her perspective with examples of male NBA players, saying, “And you can throw in a Steph Curry, Aaron Rodgers. But I think that this Battle of the Sexes where you do a combined team, that is what I wanna see.”

Concluding her thoughts, Spiranac underlined, And I think people would be blown away by how good these girls are on the LPGA Tour."

Spiranac then elaborated on her rationale for advocating their participation, noting, “It's mind-blowing. How straight they hit, how far they hit it, how many putts they make. They would absolutely embarrass the boys."

Adams posted the clip as a teaser in a tweet, captioning it, "WE NEED TO SEE WOMEN PLAYING IN ‘THE MATCH’."

She added, "@PaigeSpiranac is sick of just seeing NFL and NBA athletes playing in “The Match” and would love to see the LPGA women embarrass the boys."

Paige Spiranac's answer evokes conflict in fans

After watching the video on Twitter, many fans have shared their perspectives on Spiranac's idea. One fan said, "My brain doesn’t even know what to do right now with these two doin a show together MUST WATCH."

Another fan affirmed her statement, saying, "I’ve been saying this! Get two golfers from the LPGA vs two overconfident club pros, you know those ones that think they’d win every event on the LPGA."

A third user wrote, "The boys will blow out girls in golf tournament for real," while a fourth said, "Agreed you two should team up."

Another user wondered, "Love the Korda’s but they’re honestly really boring when they play, like the vast majority of the lpga players. Might they loosen up in a laid back atmosphere like this?"

Tags news nba