Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Pokimane's strategic move boosts QTCinderella's viewership to 380K, replaces xQc as Streamer Awards host

2023-07-16 13:56
Pokimane helped QTCinderella with her advice when the latter faced problems while planning the Streamer Awards 2023
Pokimane's strategic move boosts QTCinderella's viewership to 380K, replaces xQc as Streamer Awards host

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The evolution of esports and the increasing presence of popular female streamers in the gaming community has been truly inspiring. In the past, gaming was often perceived as a predominantly male activity, but that notion has been shattered as more and more talented female gamers and content creators have risen to prominence, especially when it comes to streaming. Pokimane, also known as the "Twitch Queen," is a remarkable example of a female streamer who has inspired many aspiring creators, regardless of gender, to pursue professional gaming as a career. Her success and positive influence have contributed to breaking down the traditional gender barriers associated with gaming, encouraging more women to actively participate and excel in the gaming industry.

QTCinderella, a renowned YouTuber, recently shared on a podcast how Pokimane's inspiring advice had a significant impact on her decision-making process as a creator. This illustrates the power of mentorship and how successful figures in the gaming community can positively influence others, helping them overcome doubts and pursue their passions. QTCinderella shared that Pokimane's advice led her to decline to host a show with xQc, and the clip of it is now going viral on social media.

'Why don’t you do it on your channel?'

QTCinderalla revealed some behind-the-scenes details in a recent podcast. Notably, the creator hosted the Streamer Awards 2023 which drew an enormous audience, reaching a peak viewership of 380,000. What surprised fans the most was that QTCinderalla's stream was initially planned to be done with xQc. The female streamer had agreed to co-host the gaming Streamer Awards with xQc on his channel. But as the date approached, xQc seemed unsure about the whole thing, and the focus was mostly on him. Feeling nervous, she confided in Pokimane during dinner. "I’m nervous," QTCinderalla said, to which Pokimane replied, "Why don’t you do it on your channel?"

At first, QTCinderella wasn't fully convinced, but Pokimane's encouragement and belief in her abilities gave her the boost she needed. The idea of hosting the stream on her own channel was daunting – she feared that it wouldn't be able to bring in the audience. But with Pokimane's faith behind her, she decided to go for it, which in retrospect was a wise decision as the numbers turned out to be exceptional, far beyond what she had imagined.

'I did my very best to get everyone here'

QTCinderella, who co-created the Streamer Awards, faced certain challenges after a highly successful first edition in 2022. She opened up about her disappointments as some well-known figures dropped out of the March event. In a heartfelt message, she wrote, "The amount of streamers and nominees that have canceled on me today has been disheartening. It’s too late to change seating chart and stuff like that, and I’m just sad. Just everyone knows I did my very best to get everyone here." She took to her Twitter account to share the unfortunate news that several streamers, including nominees, had informed her that they wouldn't be able to attend the Streamer Awards 2023, scheduled for March 11. Despite her best efforts, the situation left her feeling downcast and disheartened. However, as it turns out, Pokimane's sound advice did turn out to be useful for QTCinderella.