Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Joe Rogan shares his thoughts on Conor McGregor's MMA comeback following leg injury: 'If anybody can do it, maybe it’s him'

2023-09-27 14:19
Joe Rogan examined Conor McGregor's potential to become the first boxer to successfully return from a leg injury
Joe Rogan shares his thoughts on Conor McGregor's MMA comeback following leg injury: 'If anybody can do it, maybe it’s him'

AUSTIN, TEXAS: Joe Rogan shared his thoughts about Conor McGregor's potential to make history as the first fighter to successfully make a comeback from a devastating leg injury.

The Notorious broke his left leg during his trilogy fight with Dustin Poirier in July 2021, but after a long and arduous recovery period, he will be ready to fight again in the octagon in 2024.

Joe Rogan discussed Conor McGregor's recovery

In a recent episode of his podcast, 'The Joe Rogan Experience', Rogan discussed the topic of how he'll look when Conor returns to MMA, which is a significant subject.

Rogan said, “If it wasn’t for his leg snap, he’s still in the prime of his career.”

He went on to say, “But, that leg snap is a real problem. I mean, if he does [come back], he’ll be the first. And if anybody does, maybe he can do it. If anybody can do it, maybe it’s him. Because he snapped his leg in the prime of his career.”

Other fighters who experienced similar leg breaks while attempting to recover from them were often unable to achieve success in their comebacks Rogan wonders if his age has anything to do with it, as per MMA NEWS.

Talking about Anderson Silva and Chris Weidman, Rogan said, “Anderson was a little older, I believe he was 36 or 37. Chris Weidman was a little older. It’s a hard one to come back from.”

Rogan further added, "Nobody really comes back from that one. You have to have plates in there. Also, you’ve gotta think the differences to your kicking, taking kicks, nerve damage, all the above. I don’t know the extent of how much damage was done, but it’s been two years."

The 56-year-old UFC commentator said, “I just think that if anybody can do it, it’s gonna be Conor.”

It appears that McGregor will make his comeback sometime in 2024 because UFC 296 is already scheduled for December 2023, MMA Mania reported.

Joe Rogan suggests stem cell therapy to Francis Ngannou

Francis Ngannou will face Tyson Fury, one of the greatest heavyweight competitors in history, on October 28 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Ngannou will return to the ring after a protracted absence due to a knee injury and contractual disputes with the UFC.

In order to learn how well Ngannou has healed from his injury and whether it will have an impact on his performance, the audience is eagerly expecting his comeback.

The Predator was a guest on the 146th episode of the "JRE" MMA program podcast and discussed a range of topics with Joe Rogan.

They discussed his most recent knee problem, his upcoming boxing debut, and contract talks with the UFC. Rogan asked if stem cell research had been done on Ngannou and regarding his knee.

The 56-year-old was discussing stem cell therapy, a medical field that is still under research and uses stem cells to accelerate the body's healing and the restoration of damaged tissues or organs.

However, there remains uncertainty regarding the effectiveness of the evidence.

Rogan mentioned, "There's a company in Austin called Ways2Well that I wanted to connect you with..." Ngannou was open to exploring the technique and was already familiar with it.

Rogan added, "I can arrange that examination as well. You should consider it; it will undoubtedly be beneficial for you. It will definitely provide assistance."

The stem cell treatment procedure typically includes stages such as infusion, engraftment, post-transplant care, and recovery.

However, because of Ngannou's departure, there wasn't sufficient time for him to undergo the therapy.

Tags news