Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Miriam Margolyes OK? 'Harry Potter' star shares her health status after surgery, says 'I now have a cow's heart'

2023-10-19 08:54
'Well, not the whole heart, but I've had an aortic valve replaced with a cow's aortic valve,' Miriam Margolyes said
Is Miriam Margolyes OK? 'Harry Potter' star shares her health status after surgery, says 'I now have a cow's heart'

LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM: Miriam Margolyes, who is famous for playing the role of Professor Sprout in the 'Harry Potter' film series, recently shared her health status and medical journey with her fans.

The 82-year-old actress disclosed on Wednesday, October 18, that she underwent a transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) procedure, a less-invasive alternative to open-heart surgery.

Margolyes humorously mentioned, "I now have a cow's heart" while speaking on the 'Table Manners' podcast with Jessie and Lennie Ware.

She clarified, adding, "Well, not the whole heart, but I've had an aortic valve replaced with a cow's aortic valve", People reports.

Miriam Margolyes apparently never heard of the operation before

When singer Jessie Ware, 39, asked her about the popularity of the procedure, Margolyes said, "I find it rather refined, actually!"

She went on to say, "I'm not sure how common it is. I had never even heard of that operation before.”

Margolyes went on to describe the intricate medical procedure. "They made two small incisions in both groins and then they inserted this device," she said.

"I'm not entirely sure how they maneuvered it, but it involves some kind of stereo-guidance,” Margolyes added.

The 'Call The Midwife' star further elaborated, stating, "Then, as it reaches the crucial point within your heart, they gently pull on a small string, and it goes 'pow!' — and just like that, your artery or aortic valve is shifted aside, albeit quite abruptly."

After the actress disclosed her health complication, a large number of Margolyes' fans took to social media to express their well wishes, hoping for the actress’ swift recovery.

Miriam Margoyles suffered from multiple health problems

The British actress previously disclosed her struggle with multiple health conditions, including spinal stenosis and osteoporosis.

She was admitted to The Royal Brompton Hospital in Chelsea, London, in May due to a chest infection.

She kept her fans informed about her condition by sharing a photograph taken from her hospital bed.

Then, while appearing nude in British Vogue for Pride Month in June, Margolyes talked about how her diet has impacted her health and said it’s contributing to her deteriorating spinal condition.

"I've limited my life because of my longing for fudge or chopped liver, cheesecake,”she said, adding "All these absurdities. I shouldn't have been so greedy. I should have been stronger.”

According to Mayo Clinic, spinal stenosis occurs “when the space inside the backbone is too small. This can put pressure on the spinal cord and nerves that travel through the spine."

The actress admitted that with her deteriorating condition, she will come to terms with the prospect of reduced mobility and will eventually have to depend on a wheelchair.

Tags news