Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'People are dying': Arnold Schwarzenegger flexes warning about steroid dangers

2023-05-30 20:28
The former California governor confessed to juicing in his bodybuilding heyday of the '70s
'People are dying': Arnold Schwarzenegger flexes warning about steroid dangers

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Arnold Schwarzenegger is using his platform to raise awareness about the hazards of steroid abuse in the field of bodybuilding.

In an interview with Men's Health for their July/August cover story, the iconic "Terminator" actor emphasized the fatal consequences resulting from the misuse of performance-enhancing drugs. Reflecting on his own experience as a bodybuilder during the 1970s, the 75-year-old disclosed that he had legally undergone a testosterone and D-Bol regimen under the supervision of a doctor. However, he expressed concern over the current state of the sport, remarking that it has become perilous with individuals losing their lives due to drug overdoses and a lack of understanding.

‘People are dying because of overdoses of drugs’

Schwarzenegger emphasized the importance of seeking guidance from reputable professionals, cautioning against listening to deceitful individuals. He stressed that when he requires medical advice, he turns to established institutions such as UCLA or the Cleveland Clinic.

"Bodybuilding always, always was considered a safe sport," he told Men's Health. "But now, it’s not. Now people are dying. They’re dying because of overdoses of drugs, and they don’t know what the f--- they’re doing”.

The use of steroids for bodybuilding was prohibited in the United States in 1990 following the enactment of the Steroids Control Act of 1990. Schwarzenegger urged against engaging in such practices, asserting that in today's society, people often search for shortcuts to financial gain or instant fame.

However, he warned that any form of bodily abuse would lead to regret and shared examples of people he has witnessed suffering and undergoing kidney transplants as a consequence. "I want young people to know that I have seen people getting kidney transplants, and suffering tremendously from it."

‘I still work out every day’

Acknowledging his position as a role model, Schwarzenegger drew a parallel to a rock climber advising against risky behavior. He humbly recognized that he himself took risks in the past but now advocates for a safer approach.

Despite his extensive career, which includes his participation in the Netflix series 'FUBAR' portraying a CIA operative, Schwarzenegger stated in a recent interview with the Hollywood Reporter that he has no intentions of slowing down.

"I ride my bike every day, and I make movies — show business is another part of my life. I add in my life, I never subtract," he explained. "I love everything that I do. There’s no retiring. I’m still on this side of the grass, so I’m happy. My plan is to live forever — and so far, so good!"