Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Scarlett Johansson says Colin Jost enjoyed 'fruits of my labor' as she resumed work after giving birth

2023-06-23 17:49
'It's great when it's your partner there to help you do it,' said Johansson of the support she received from the 'SNL' star
Scarlett Johansson says Colin Jost enjoyed 'fruits of my labor' as she resumed work after giving birth

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Renowned actress Scarlett Johansson recently opened up about her latest project, 'Asteroid City', and the challenges she faced while filming just eight weeks after giving birth to her son Cosmo. Despite these challenges, the 38-year-old found support in her devoted husband Colin Jost, saying jokingly that he had a great time “enjoying the fruits of my labor” while she worked.

"I hadn't worked," she recalled. "Not just because I had a baby, but there was COVID. I hadn't shot anything in like three years or something like that." Johansson expressed her gratitude for her husband, a star of 'Saturday Night Live', who provided immense support during this period. "He was able to come for like a week or something like that, which was also incredibly helpful, especially because you need someone to burp the baby in the middle of the night. It's great when it's your partner there to help you do it," she told People.

Scarlett Johansson's support system

In a lighthearted tone, Johansson joked that while she was busy working, Jost had a great time "enjoying the fruits of my labor." He had the opportunity to witness a surprise musical performance by Brazilian artist Seu Jorge, adding to the memorable experiences they shared during the filming of 'Asteroid City'.

The couple tied the knot in a private ceremony in October 2020, following a two-year dating period and their engagement in May 2019. During an appearance on Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop podcast, Johansson emphasized the importance of mutual understanding and compassion in their marriage.

'These big profound moments!'

"I never realized, 'Oh, it's really important for me ... I need to be with a compassionate person. That's a fundamental characteristic that has to be there,'" she said. "It worked with Colin and I because I was finally able to step back and respect myself enough to know what those [fundamental wants and needs] were." Recently, Johansson and Jost attended the premiere of 'Asteroid City' at the 2023 Cannes Film Festival together. Reflecting on the experience, the actress expressed, “It's awesome. I mean, personally, it's always fun when you're not just explaining it to them over the phone, but you're living your life together, these big profound moments."

Tags news epcelebs