Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I didn't see a way out': Britney Spears reveals she feared for her life during 13-year conservatorship

2023-10-22 07:47
'Along with the rest of them, she kept acting like I was a threat in some way,' Britney Spears said of her sister Jamie
'I didn't see a way out': Britney Spears reveals she feared for her life during 13-year conservatorship

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Britney Spears has dominated every headline since the release of her memoir ‘The Woman in Me.’

After sharing the news of her past pregnancy and abortion, the pop diva got everyone excited about her book.

Britney Spears' father got her conservatorship following 2008 incident

Now, the ‘Toxic’ singer has revealed that she was scared for her life during her controversial 13-year conservatorship.

Spears spoke about how she was restrained by her family and taken to the hospital following a 2008 incident where she locked herself in a bathroom with her son, Jayden.

The singer believed that she may never see her boys again. Following her breakdown, her father Jamie Spears, filed the papers for her to enter into conservatorship.

“At various times, I pushed back, especially when my father took away access to my cell phone,” as per her memoir.

“I would be smuggled a private phone and try to break free. But they always caught me,” she wrote.

She continued, “And here’s the sad, honest truth: After everything I had been through, I didn’t have a lot of fight left in me. I was tired, and I was scared, too. After being held down on a gurney, I knew they could restrain my body any time they wanted to. They could’ve tried to kill me, I thought. I started to wonder if they did want to kill me.”

Britney Spears says she was on an 'autopilot' mode

Once her father had quite literally taken the control of her public life, Spears felt like her spirit retreated from her body, causing her to go on autopilot.

The star decided to play along in the hope they would allow her to live as per her will. “I didn’t see a way out,” she wrote.

"Along with the rest of them, she kept acting like I was a threat in some way,” Spears said of her sister Jamie Lynn Spears when she tried to seek her help.

“This will sound crazy, but I’ll say it again because it’s the truth: I thought they were going to try to kill me,” Britney said, reports The Hollywood Reporter.

“It crossed my mind that they were only visiting to finish off what they’d started a few months earlier, to kill me for real,” she wrote.

“If that sounds paranoid, consider all the things I’d been through up until this point — the ways in which they had deceived and institutionalized me,” she further wrote.

Tags news