Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who is Billy Busch? Anheuser-Busch heir says his ancestors are 'rolling over in their graves' after Dylan Mulvaney fiasco

2023-08-05 15:48
According to Billy Busch, the company that acquired his family's business should not have chosen to feature a trans individual on the Bud Light can
Who is Billy Busch? Anheuser-Busch heir says his ancestors are 'rolling over in their graves' after Dylan Mulvaney fiasco

MISSOURI, UNITED STATES: Billy Busch, the heir to the Anheuser-Busch fortune, expressed his strong disapproval of the recent Bud Light advertisement featuring Dylan Mulvaney, a transgender person, on Friday, August 4. He had appeared on TMZ Live to promote his new book, 'Family Reins: The Extraordinary Rise and Epic Fall of an American Dynasty,' when he shared his perspective.

“I think my family, my ancestors, would be rolling over in their grave. They were very patriotic. They loved this country and what it stood for. They believed that transgender, gays, that sort of thing, was all a very personal issue. They loved this country because it is a free country and people are allowed to do what they want. But it was never meant to be on a beer can and never meant to be pushed into people’s faces,” he said. Billy Busch's great-grandfather, Adolphus Busch, co-founded the Anheuser-Busch beer company that owns the Bud Light brand.

Billy Busch says beer drinkers 'care about wholesome things'

According to Billy Busch, the company that acquired his family's business should not have chosen to feature a transgender individual on the Bud Light can. “You know, I think people who drink beer, I think they’re your your common folk. I think they are the blue collar worker who goes and works hard every single day. The last thing they want to be drinking is a beer can with with that kind of message on it. I just don’t think that’s that’s what they’re looking for. They want their beer to be truly American, truly patriotic, as it always has been. Truly, America’s beer, which Bud Light was and probably isn’t any longer,” said Busch.

According to him, the beer-drinking audience may not be receptive to such advertising, as he associates their preferences with more traditional and wholesome values. "I just don't think the audience that drinks beer is into transgenders (sic)," he said, adding, "People who drink beer care about wholesome things."

During the discussion, Busch suggested that being transgender is a sexual preference, but this statement was countered by Harvey, who asserted that it is a matter of identity, not preference. He said, "It's a matter of identity, not sexual preference". This sparked a debate on the topic of prejudice. However, Busch was steadfast in his belief that the company choosing to feature Dylan Mulvaney on the can was a big mistake.

Who is Billy Busch?

Billy Busch is a member of the Anheuser-Busch family, known for their association with the famous brewing company. Billy Busch is the great-grandson of Adolphus Busch, the co-founder of Anheuser-Busch, which is one of the largest beer companies in the world.

Billy Busch has been involved in various business ventures and philanthropic activities. He has also written a book titled 'Family Reins: The Extraordinary Rise and Epic Fall of an American Dynasty,' which provides insights into the history and dynamics of the Anheuser-Busch family and business.

According to Fox 2 Now, Busch said “Later on in life, I started realizing that I kind of grew up in a unique situation,” said Busch. “I started looking into who my great-grandfather was, how he got started here, how my grandfather took the company through prohibition.” He recalled, “My parents were so busy working and building the brewery, my mom was right at my dad’s side the whole time. She was mainly involved in entertaining wholesalers and celebrities and suppliers."

Tags news