Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Logan Paul 'nervous' about competing in WWE's 'Money in the Bank' ladder match? 'I gotta win' says celebrity fighter

2023-06-20 19:53
'I just cut a promo about this entire city [Cleveland] losing. And I'd like to win,' said Paul in a backstage interview
Is Logan Paul 'nervous' about competing in WWE's 'Money in the Bank' ladder match? 'I gotta win' says celebrity fighter

CLEVELAND, OHIO: Logan Paul criticized the people of Cleveland while standing atop an 18-foot ladder on Monday's episode of 'WWE Raw' before announcing his participation in the ladder match at 'Money in the Bank' on July 1. Paul believes he has no choice but to win the ladder battle in London. His outlandish claims in the lead up has put additional pressure on the celebrity fighter.

Paul has been a celebrity performer for WWE in recent years and was a topic of discussion during his feuds with WWE's undisputed champion Roman Reigns and the current World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins. He also made a name for himself during his performance in the 2023 Royal Rumble.

‘I gotta win’

After the show on Monday, Paul told Byron Saxton during an interview backstage, “I gotta win. I just cut a promo about this entire city [Cleveland] losing. And I'd like to win, I think I'd like a WWE Championship on my resume. I don't really like following the traditional path — so I'm gonna take the shortcut, take that briefcase, cash it in, beat whoever I have to.”

Paul was asked if he experienced any nerves while perching on the rung of an 18-foot ladder, confronting a crowd of spectators and his opponents. “Hell yeah! I'm nervous. It's been a while since I was back, you know? But I'm the maverick, dog. I like to fly. I like to perch high, and I like to jump. And I did it,” Paul expressed.

'I'm coming for that a**'

Paul sent his six rivals a last "f-k y'all" message as the interview came to a conclusion adding "I'm coming for that a**". In the upcoming competition, Paul will face off against Damian Priest, Santos Escobar, LA Knight, Shinsuke Nakamura, Butch, and Ricochet, all vying for the opportunity to win a WWE championship of their choosing by obtaining the coveted briefcase.

It was previously thought that WWE would utilize a six-participant format instead of the traditional seven-man format for this year's ladder battle. However, on Monday, June 19, a significant change occurred as Paul was announced as the seventh participant in the ladder match scheduled to take place in London on July 1.