Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Mariska Hargitay channels her bombshell mom Jayne Mansfield as she unveils new hairdo

2023-06-09 13:56
Mariska Hargitay shared a stunning photo of herself and tagged her stylist Chris McMillan in the post
Mariska Hargitay channels her bombshell mom Jayne Mansfield as she unveils new hairdo

BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA: Mariska Hargitay is flaunting her stunning hairstyle. From bangs to blonde, Hargitay is sure to bear some resemblance to her late mother and Hollywood icon Jayne Mansfield.

On June 9, the popular actress from 'Law & Order: SVU' shared an adorable post on Instagram. The photo shows Mariska together with her talented hairstylist Chris McMillan, who is known for creating the iconic haircut 'The Rachel.' With a mischievous smile directed at the camera, Chris playfully tousles Mariska's freshly lightened locks, which are styled into elegant, loose waves.

‘A 70’s dream’

On June 5, Mariska embraced the latest hair trend - the curtain bangs. This stylish fringe is parted in the middle and beautifully frames her face.

Fans are loving Hargitay's new haircut. One wrote, “I heard this is the haircut of hot moms”. Another harkened the cut’s vintage roots as an “A '70s dream.”

became popular a few years ago when celebrities like Selena Gomez, Margot Robbie, Jennifer Lopez and Halle Berry picked up the chic look. Now, thanks to the growing influence of TikTok, this vintage-inspired cut is gaining momentum again.

‘She was just so ahead of her time’

Mariska Hargitay, known for her role in 'Law & Order: SVU,' is the daughter of the late Jayne Mansfield, a Hollywood legend. Jayne Mansfield, recognized for her appearances in films like 'Too Hot to Handle' (1960) and 'The Girl Can't Help It' (1956), achieved considerable success at the box office and even received a Golden Globe Award. Though her acting career was relatively brief, Mansfield left a lasting impact.

Tragically, Mansfield died in a car accident in 1967 when Mariska was just three years old. Mariska's father, Mickey Hargitay, a Hungarian-born actor and former Mr Universe, died at the age of 80 in 2006.

While the world primarily remembers Jayne Mansfield as a captivating blonde bombshell, Mariska cherishes the memory of her mother as more than just a sex symbol. In a 2018 interview with People, Mariska expressed admiration for her late mother, highlighting her multifaceted nature. “My mother was this amazing, beautiful, glamor­ous sex symbol—but people didn’t know that she played the violin and had a 160 IQ and had five kids and loved dogs." “She was just so ahead of her time. She was an inspiration, she had this appetite for life, and I think I share that with her,” she said.

Earlier this year, she remembered her mother on what would have been her 90th birthday. "Happy Birthday Mama," Hargitay wrote on Instagram alongside a heart emoji. "We live to love you more each day."