Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'1000-Lb Sisters' star Tammy Slaton shares diet plan, reveals she mainly drinks 'plain ordinary water'

2023-12-01 06:46
Amy Slaton underwent weight loss surgery in 2020 while Tammy Slaton had the surgery in 2022
'1000-Lb Sisters' star Tammy Slaton shares diet plan, reveals she mainly drinks 'plain ordinary water'

DIXON, KENTUCKY: Tammy Slaton has revealed she had a significant reduction in her soda consumption.

The '1000-Lb Sisters' star took to TikTok to post a video on Wednesday, November 29, to address her dietary changes.

Tammy Slaton no longer drinks 'sodies' each day

Responding to one of her followers who asked Slaton if she still indulges in her infamous "sodies," she said, "Actually no, I don’t drink sodies that often anymore."

"I mean, maybe two 12 oz. cans a day, sometimes not even that. Sometimes just one, sometimes not at all," she added.

"I mainly drink water now,” she said with a smile, adding "Or if I do drink something else it’s tea…diet tea or sugar-free Gatorades."

"I do like drinking Crystal Light packets, stuff like that sometimes….but plain ordinary water," the 37-year-old said.

Tammy Slaton said she earlier drank eight to 12 cans of soda a day

The fan's question about the "sodies" harks back to the first season of '1000-Lb Sisters' where both Tammy and her sister Amy first met with a dietician named Taylor to whom the siblings confessed their staggering soda intake.

During the show, Taylor asked the sisters whether they drank water at all to which they said no.

"What are you drinking during the day?” the dietician asked before Amy answered, "Sodies….sodie pops."

"And how much do you think you drink a day?” Taylor asked to which Tammy replied, "Oh s**t. Eight to 12 [cans] a day."

Amy then emphasized their mother's unconventional advice that drinking diet coke would offset their sugar consumption.

"Our mom told us when we were younger, if we ate a sugar, you drink a diet coke afterwards and it’ll cancel out the sugar," Amy said during the episode.

Since their initial journey in the TLC series in 2020, the siblings have made remarkable progress in their weight loss journey, eventually qualifying for weight loss surgery.

Amy had the surgery in 2020 while Tammy underwent the surgery in 2022. In May, Tammy playfully posted photos of herself drinking a bottle of diet coke on her Instagram Story and joked that she still has a liking for soda despite their transformations.

"LOL I am a diet sodie ambassador," Tammy wrote. As Tammy and Amy continue to share their weight loss journey, fans eagerly anticipate the season 5 premiere of '1000-Lb Sisters' which is set to air at 9 pm ET/PT on Tuesday, December 12.

Tags news