Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'It’s messing with me mentally': Selena Gomez's kidney donor Francia Raisa brutally 'bullied' after she dodged questions about ex-BFF

2023-05-09 11:23
Francia Raisa who recently took a subtle jab at her former best friend Selena Gomez calls out the singer for not 'condoning bullying'
'It’s messing with me mentally': Selena Gomez's kidney donor Francia Raisa brutally 'bullied' after she dodged questions about ex-BFF

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Selena Gomez fans are accused of bullying her kidney donor, Francia Raisa, after she held back from talking about her now-broken friendship with the singer. In a brief interview, Raisa mostly refrained from speaking, but on being asked for examples of such harsh comments from the fans, she said, “I think the one that probably hurt the most was, 'I hope someone goes up your p***y and rips out your other kidney you f***ing w***e,'" as per TMZ.

The two former child actors have a long history together and have grown incredibly close. Raisa donated Gomez her kidney in 2017 after the singer's organ failed as a result of her lupus battle. Things took a turn for the worst when Gomez subsequently admitted to an interviewer that Taylor Swift was the only Hollywood friend she had. Naturally, Raisa offended by this unfollowed Gomez and the two haven't been on the same page since. In the interview with TMZ on Saturday, May 6, Raisa further added how she was “mentally” drained by the online hatred while continuing to talk about how Gomez does not “condone bullying.”

READ MORE

Justin Bieber 'privately begged' Selena Gomez to rescue wife Hailey Bieber from online hate, source reveals

'Love will always be bigger': Hailey Bieber thanks Selena Gomez for speaking out against online hate

Gomez's former best friend further added, “The only thing I’m going to say is, in no way, shape, or form does anyone condone bullying, especially Selena,” before elaborating, “She literally has a whole nonprofit dedicated to mental health. … So the fact that I’m now being bullied now, as I am, it’s messing with me mentally. To me it’s just not what anyone wants for someone, you know, and she’s literally out there saying, ‘Please stop,'" as per TMZ.

‘I clearly don't advocate it’

Last week, on Sunday, May 1, TMZ tried to interview Raisa regarding her former friend and why the two weren't following each other on Instagram. Raise who was walking her dog dodged the questions. While Raisa did not lose her cool, she answered quite interestingly. She was heard saying, "Sunday is so fun, it's a day of rest. I am Francia, and I'm here with my dog." In another instance, she replied, "It's a fantastic day; the weather is so lovely right now. Last week I was in the snow, and now it's LA weather," as per the source outlet.

She further replied to another question about organ donation, where she clearly mentioned she doesn’t “advocate” it anymore. Raise was quoted, "I would definitely talk to someone about organ donation and the procedure and whatnot again. I've done it a few times, but I clearly don't advocate it."

To dodge the question about Gomez, in another instance, she shared an anecdote, "You know the other day at the movies I was with my friend Lily and someone came up to me and said, 'Hey my friend is the one that you spoke to a few years back about the kidney donation and she's really grateful,'" further adding that the person’s friend said she is now doing "great."

'I didn't mention every person I know'

Problems started brewing when Gomez said in an interview last year in 2022, that her “only” friend in Hollywood is Taylor Swift. Not taking kindly to the statement, Raisa commented, “Interesting” and unfollowed Gomez on social media. Ever since things are not good between the two childhood friends who knew each other since 2007. Gomez later, however, said, "Sorry I didn't mention every person I know,” reports TMZ.

In a March episode of Apple TV+’s 'Dear…', Gomez tried to make amends by saying, "I will never ever, ever be more in debt to a person than Francia," before adding, "the idea of someone not even second-guessing to be a donor was unbelievably overwhelming,” reports Complex.

'You made it publicly'

A fan of Gomez said, "You made it publicly , Solve your problems privately if you don’t wanna be bullied or anything." While another blasted Raisa, "Did you live in Selena's house when you were dying of hunger. Selena bought the house where you live and the car you drive and still isn't satisfied?" The third said, "Where are the cameras where are the lights she wants to promote her show give her the attention she's seeking so desperately!!!"

As one Selenator commented, "But it wasn’t bad when people were saying the same thing to Selena, who btw gave her a house, a car and a place to stay even before the transplant when she didn’t have any money in L.A," another social media user countered, "Selena knows how to play her cards, right, according to you she gave her everything, so when the time comes Francia can't say no to the transplant. It was all emotional manipulation." Another netizen said, "Now I m fully convinced she gave her kidney to Selena for definitely some advantage for clout but now she realises that didn’t helped her to get rich and famous she is behaving like this …god such a loser." To which another dissenter said, "I’m fully convinced Selena used her for an organ. After Selena got her kidney she dropped her and has been sharing her ever since."

Tags news