Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'This sucks so bad': Youtube star Hank Green of Vlogbrothers reveals cancer diagnosis, slated to begin chemotherapy

2023-05-20 11:17
Hank Green delivered the news that he had been specifically diagnosed with Hodkin's Lymphoma in a video titled 'So, I've got cancer'
'This sucks so bad': Youtube star Hank Green of Vlogbrothers reveals cancer diagnosis, slated to begin chemotherapy

MISSOULA, MONTANA: Youtube star Hank Green disclosed his cancer diagnosis on Friday, May 19. Hank delivered the news that he had been specifically diagnosed with Hodkin's Lymphoma in a video titled "So, I've got cancer," which he uploaded to Vlogbrothers, the channel run by Hank and his brother John.

The entrepreneur disclosed that he talked to his doctor after he saw his lymph nodes were enlarging. Following the diagnosis, he revealed that he will begin chemotherapy "very soon" and that it seems like his cancer was caught in its early stages. He clarified that Hodgkin's lymphoma is "super treatable" and that "the goal is cure." Hank said chemotherapy was a "fairly well-known" treatment, and that he intended to take it for four months.

READ MORE

Mama June buries feud with daughter Anna 'Chickadee' Cardwell to join her fight against cancer

'I smoked a lot': Dolph Lundgren opens up on receiving Cigar Smokers of the Year award amid cancer battle

Who is Hank Green's wife?

Hank Green's wife is Katherine Green, who has appeared on many of her husband's Youtube vlogs, was born on May 17, 1980. She assists Hank with his gaming channel and likes to play Super Mario Bros, according to Showbizcorner.

Katherine oversees the scripts for 'Crash Course Chemistry' and is a well-known Twitter user with over 25K followers on her @realkgreen page, according to The US Sun. Hank and Katherine got married in 2006 and now reside in Missoula, Montana. The couple's only child is their son, Orin Green, who is 6 years old.

'This is now part of how people are going to imagine me'

Hank is currently "wrestling with the reality of" being perceived as someone who is "struggling" as opposed to a "goofy science guy." He noted, "This is now part of how people are going to imagine me. It's, like, an identity that I'm having thrust upon me, which happens to people all the time. And it's totally the thing that I will get over."

Hank revealed, "My first treatment begins... drumroll please, literally as this video goes live. So, there's a very good chance that I'm reading the comments right now while getting my first round of chemotherapy. I've also gotten my PET/CT, which showed that the cancer has not spread anywhere from its original location in my left armpit/chest area, which is very good news."

"This sucks so bad, but I'm already learning so much... mostly about myself. I hope that this isn't my last Vlogbrothers video for four months or whatever," Hank concluded. Many people have flooded the comment section of the YouTube video with heartfelt messages.

'I know you'll get through this'

One person wrote, "I'm so sorry this happened to you. I'm sure it must be difficult to share such news with the rest of the world. I know you'll get through this. We all love you, Hank!" Another person wrote, "You are the 'fun goofy science guy' and 'the guy who educated us, and made us love science' and 'the guy who beat cancer's a**'."

A third person wrote, "Only Hank Green could break the news while educating about cancer so well." This other person wrote, "Hank, I am proud of you. Always remember that you are more than just 'that fun science guy' or 'that cancer guy with anxiety'. You are kind and compassionate and a multitude of other amazing attributes. Stay positive, and on the days that you can’t, come find us."

This article contains remarks made on the internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.

Tags news epcelebs