Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Curse of 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' strikes again as Russell Brand joins list of 'cancelled' cast

2023-09-19 01:25
The names of Mila Kunis and Jonah Hill, both of whom ironically performed in the same 2008 film, have resurfaced due to their own respective scandals
Curse of 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' strikes again as Russell Brand joins list of 'cancelled' cast

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The curse of 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' has doomed another show's co-star as Kristen Bell, who starred as the titular Sarah Marshall in the comedy film, claims she warned Russell Brand not to 'mess with me' on the show's set.

Russell, 48, who played Bell's boyfriend Aldous Snow in the film has been accused of rape, sexual assault and emotional abuse by four women during the height of his popularity.

Now in the wake of Bell's staggering claims against Russell, the names of Mila Kunis and Jonah Hill, both of whom ironically performed in the same 2008 film, have resurfaced due to their own respective scandals.

What did Mila Kunis do?

It is probably safe to say that it has been quite an unforgettable week for the 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' stars and it certainly includes Kunis and her husband Ashton Kutcher.

The couple came to the limelight after they submitted a character reference for their former 'That 70's Show' co-star Danny Masterson who was behind bars for three decades for rape.

The couple recorded a message after the news came to light where they tried to explain their involvement in the case.

Mila said, "Our heart goes out to every single person who’s ever been a victim of sexual assault, sexual abuse, or rape. We support victims. We have done this historically through our work and will continue to do so in the future."

As of now, it seems that the message has done little to nothing to ease the public anger as Ashton had to step down from his position at an anti-child sex abuse organization he founded with his ex-wife Demi Moore.

What is the controversy about Jonah Hill?

Jonah Hill has been facing several accusations this year after his ex-girlfriend accused him of emotional abuse and shared screenshots of a text conversation on social media. Jonah allegedly told Sarah Brady that to be in a 'romantic partnership' with him, she wasn't allowed to have 'inappropriate friendships with men' and 'friendships with women who are in unstable places'.

It was just the beginning though, as Zoey 101 star Alex Nikolas also took to social media alleging Jonah once French kissed her without consent.

"[He] didn’t hand me the cig which I thought was weird and then as we walked back to the door I asked him for it and he said nothing but slammed me to the door and shoved his tongue down my throat" she said.

Although Jonah debunked those claims, he is yet to respond to the allegations of emotional abuse.

What is the controversy surrounding Russell Brand?

The explosive allegations which have been brought against Russell are reportedly said to have taken place between 2006 and 2013, while he was a presenter for BBC Radio 2 and Channel 4, Daily Mail reports. He has denied the claims.

"He didn't try to mess with me or get in my pants. He knew I would lop his n**s off", Kristen said during press for the film.

In another interview, she said that she had 'intimidated' Russell from the beginning and threatened him not to try anything.

She said, "I made it really clear from the beginning that I would sock him in the b***s if he tried anything. So he was intimidated."

Kristen Bell later admitted that she loved working with Russell Brand in the film

"I may be the only woman in the world who would shout that from the rooftops, but I did", she acknowledged. Speaking about Kristen after Forgetting Sarah Marshall came out, Russell said she would be 'the perfect mate' for him. He said, "Naturally Kristen would be the perfect woman for me. And the perfect guy, that's still me."

According to The Times and Sunday Times, 'several women' have reportedly come forward with undisclosed allegations about Brand's behaviour during the early 2000s as a result of their joint investigation with Channel 4 which was published on Saturday, September 16.

The outlet claimed that the allegations have not been investigated but will now be 'rigorously checked' after four women came up with a series of allegations, including one who claims she was sexually assaulted by Russell during a three-month relationship with him when she was 16 and still at school.