Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Who was Ellen Goltzer married to? 'The Golden Bachelor' star moved to Florida after ending her marriage of 25 years

2023-10-27 11:19
Three years prior to appearing on 'The Golden Bachelor' Ellen Goltzer moved to Florida after divorcing her ex-husband Alan
Who was Ellen Goltzer married to? 'The Golden Bachelor' star moved to Florida after ending her marriage of 25 years

DELRAY BEACH, FLORIDA: The US Sun has exclusively revealed that Ellen Goltzer, star of 'The Golden Bachelor', divorced her ex-husband Alan and relocated to Florida three years prior to appearing on the dating program. The retired teacher from Delray Beach, Florida, also just divorced her husband, Alan, according to the outlet.

Ellen filed for divorce in early 2018, according to a summary of their divorce filed in Nassau County, New York. In August 2018, the final judgment was recorded in the system, making her a single lady.

Although the divorce records are not publicly available, it appears that the divorce was amicable. The pair had been married for 25 years, according to reports.

Jason, 44, and Lee, 41, are their two sons. Ellen left New York after her divorce and relocated to Florida to retire.

She listed her Island Park apartment and paid $490,000 for a two-bedroom, two-bathroom home in Delray Beach. According to papers acquired by The US Sun, she purchased the home in April 2020, three years before appearing on 'The Golden Bachelor'. It is currently valued at $622,000. The 1,635-square-foot home is in a gated neighborhood with plenty of activities for everyone.

What is 'The Golden Bachelor' contestant Ellen Goltzer's job?

Ellen worked as a health teacher at Great Neck Middle School in New York before retiring. Her yearly compensation was expected to be $135,867, according to public data.

She was honored in 2002 for her dedication to promoting healthy lives. She and another instructor were named Faculty Advisers of the Year by Nassau County Students Against Destructive Decisions.

Furthermore, she says in her ABC profile that she "hopes to remain healthy and active for her entire life" since she enjoys playing golf and bocce ball with her buddies in her spare time.

Bachelor Nation demands Ellen Goltzer as their first Golden Bachelorette

Sandra Mason and Susan Noles were two of the three ladies who did not receive roses on the October 26 episode, but Ellen's removal surprised everyone — including her. Ellen appeared to be an early frontrunner, with an undeniable mutual connection to Gerry, who had earlier stated that he was falling in love with her.

As she rode away from Bachelor Mansion, she expressed her surprise at being returned home, saying, "It was really a shock, truthfully. I wasn’t expecting it. I was falling in love with him. I just thought he was the one, so it’s a little upsetting. But this experience has been one of the best experiences of my life. I have a lot more optimism about love and the possibility of finding love at this stage in my life. He’s a really special guy. He is. And he deserves to be happy. He’s been through a lot."

Bachelor Nation quickly turned to social media to announce their choice for the first Golden Bachelorette, with one fan commenting on X, "I don’t know if there are fifteen eligible men good enough for her, but Ellen for Golden Bachelorette OR ELSE." Another user chimed in, "ELLEN FOR THE GOLDEN BACHELORETTE!!!!! IT’S WHAT ROBERTA DESERVES!!!!!"

One user also noted, "Ellen has made me cry two episodes in a row and for that? I must say Ellen for Golden Bachelorette (if she doesn’t win)." A fourth user snapped, "Gerry, you LITTLE JERK. Ellen, you will now have countless suitors who are just as handsome and nice as what's his face."

Tags news