Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jake Paul appears on Sports Illustrated cover, joins Olivia Dunne on Top 50 most influential athletes list

2023-07-16 13:49
Jake Paul is on the cover of the August issue of SI as he is the first of the Top 50 most influential athletes in the 'Influencers' category
Jake Paul appears on Sports Illustrated cover, joins Olivia Dunne on Top 50 most influential athletes list

CLEVELAND, OHIO: Sports Illustrated has announced its list of the Top 50 most influential athletes for 2023, and it includes a few names from combat sports including Jake Paul. Paul, a social media sensation turned boxer, is the first name in the 'Influencers' category before his big fight with boxer, Nate Diaz on August 5.

Icons like LeBron James, a basketball player, golfer Tiger Woods, and Olivia Dunne, well known for her gymnastic skills, as well as sports broadcaster Pat McAfee were included in the list.

'It's pretty surreal'

Paul is not only at the top of Sports Illustrated's list of influencers, but he is also on the cover of the August issue. It's been a tremendous year for The Problem Child because of his partnership with the PFL, where he will compete and promote alongside them.

After the news broke, Paul spoke with MMA Junkie's Mike Bohn about his reaction to the list and where he believed he should rank. Paul said, "I just punched people and then this all happened, I don't know. It's pretty funny when people ask me what I do for a living I go like this (punches) but it's just crazy how this has all played out. It's pretty surreal to be on the cover of Sports Illustrated."

He went on to say, "My manager was like well who's on the cover of that specific magazine so, 50 most influential people in sports, I don't know. I don't know if I should be in the list but I guess I am so. Definitely crazy and surreal but if you just think about all the people in sports and how influential they are, it's just an honor to be on the list."

Some other names on the list

UFC President Dana White is named in the executive section, as he presided over the company's merger with WWE to become a $21.4 billion public business. Outside of Paul, no competitor from combat sports made it into the top 50 athletes.

It seems like 'The Notorious' Conor McGregor hasn't made as much of an impression this year since he has been away from his sport for a while now. Other names in the category included Patrick Mahomes, Kylian Mbappe, Naomi Osaka, Stephen Curry, Alex Morgan, LeBron James, Shohei Ohtani, Layshia Clarendon, Tiger Woods, Lionel Messi, and the Ogwumike sisters.

Tags news epcelebs