Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

The inside story of Travis Kelce and Kayla Nicole's relationship that left so much of bad blood

2023-10-03 17:20
Travis Kelce's ex-girlfriend Kayla Nicole has reportedly unfollowed Brittany Mahomes on social media amid Taylor Swift dating rumors
The inside story of Travis Kelce and Kayla Nicole's relationship that left so much of bad blood

AUSTIN, TEXAS: Travis Kelce’s ex-girlfriend Kayla Nicole has reportedly unfollowed Brittany Mahomes, her husband Patrick Mahomes, and his brother Jackson Mahomes on Instagram amid the former’s rumored relationship with Taylor Swift.

Fans also noticed that while Nicole allegedly unfollowed the Mahomes, the trio is still following her account on the social media platform.

The alleged unfollowing drama comes amid Brittany's blossoming friendship with Swift, both of whom were spotted watching the Kansas City Chiefs vs New York Jets game together on Sunday, October 1, 2023.

Nicole, who was in an on-and-off relationship with Kelce between 2017 and 2022, was reportedly friends with the Mahomes.

The sports broadcaster and her then-boyfriend Kelce were even members of Patrick and Brittany's wedding party, the Daily Mail reported.

While it is not known when Nicole unfollowed the Mahomes, Brittany was reportedly seen hanging with Swift several times as of late, the publication said.

When did Travis Kelce and Kayla Nicole start dating?

While it remains unclear how Kelce and Nicole first met, the latter previously mentioned that she connected to the Chiefs tight end through Instagram.

"He had been following me and Insta-flirting for a few months," Nicole reportedly revealed in a since-deleted IG story by TMZ, as per People.

"All double taps and no dm. Soooo after a little liquid courage and a pep talk from @iqueenb (something along the lines of 'WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR') I dm'd him on New Years," she recalled.

"Slid into that thang like it was third base, idk baseball so not sure that’s the best analogy, but ya," Nicole continued in a separate Instagram Story at the time.

"Anywho… lesson here is making the first move might be your best move sis," she added.

The former couple reportedly started dating in 2017 after their initial Instagram DMs exchange.

Travis Kelce and Kayla Nicole briefly parted ways in 2020

Kelce and Nicole had their first brief split in August 2020. They sparked separation rumors after Nicole allegedly deleted photos of the football star from her Instagram, People reported.

Other rumors also suggested that Kelce cheated on Nicole with a woman named "Becky". However, the former was quick to deny the speculated allegations in a now-delated tweet.

"This is fake news... a lie... and not why Kayla and I broke up," Kelce wrote on Twitter at the time. "Take all your hatred somewhere else please," he added.

Travis Kelce and Kayla Nicole reconciled after their brief split

Just a few months after their initial 2020 split, the couple reportedly got back together in November of the same year.

Kelce also confirmed the reconciliation by addressing Nicole as "my girlfriend" during an Instagram Live with WNBA basketball player Chiney Ogwumike.

"She's the best. She's the absolute best," he said at the time. The couple continued to remain together after rekindling their romance.

Nicole often accompanied Kelce during his matches and even wrote a touching tribute to her then-beau after the Chiefs fell to Cincinnati in the AFC Championship.

"My homie, lover, friend – the respect and pride I have for you is endless. Love you, always," Nicole wrote at the time.

The duo also traveled to Hawaii for Patrick and Brittany’ lavish wedding ceremony in early 2022, the New York Post reported.

While Nicole served as a bridesmaid during the nuptials, Kelce became a groomsman.

Before Mahomes’ wedding, Kelce flew to Las Vegas for his Chiefs teammate’s bachelor party and Nicole Kayla joined Brittany in Miami for her bachelorette.

Travis Kelce and Kayla Nicole broke up again in 2022

While Kelce and Nicole broke up a few times during their whirlwind romance, their relationship officially came to an end in 2022.

In May 2022, Barstool Sports reported that the pair had reached the final straw in their relationship and decided to part ways once and for all.

The publication also stated that the reason behind the split was Kelce's habit of making Nicole pay "half of everything" while they were together.

"Travis is very cheap. In the beginning, he tried to make Kayla 'prove' that she wasn’t with him for the money . . . so she had to pay half of everything," Nicole’s friend allegedly told the outlet at the time.

"Half of every date, every trip, everything," the source added. The publication also mentioned that sources claimed Nicole got only $100 from Kelce during the time they dated.

Nicole also left the internet shocked during an Instagram live when she asked how women afforded designer bags and G-Wagons. The sports broadcaster claimed she was forced to buy her clothes at Zara as she had bills to pay.

Kelce later denied the claims in an interview with 'The Pivot Podcast' earlier this year. The Chiefs' star said he was not "too cheap" and told people, "Don't buy into that s**t."

"I would never say that I was supporting her. She had a very financially stable life and what she was doing in her career," Kelce said.

"But you've got to be crazy if you'd think I would never helped or gave her a couple thousand to grab some food or she gave me some money to go get some food.... we were in a relationship for five years," he mentioned.

"A hundred dollars here, a hundred dollars there wasn't even thought about," Kelce stated.

How did Kayla Nicole react to Travis Kelce and Taylor Swift romance rumors?

While Nicole has yet to directly address Kelce and Swift's rumored romance, fans speculated that the former reacted to the situation through some of her social media moves.

As Kelce and Swift continued to make headlines, Nicole decided to reappear in the public eye but posting a photo of herself in a pink dress on Instagram following a week-long break from posting on the platform.

Amid the internet debate of whether Kelce dating Swift after Nicole is an "upgrade or downgrade," the latter captioned a photo of herself as "For your viewing pleasure."

She further showcased her look in an Instagram Story with a caption that read, "BFFR."

The influencer then went on to unfollow the Mahomes amid multiple sightings of Brittany hanging out with Swift after her romance rumors with Kelce.

Tags news