Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

The Madonna squats challenge TikTok trend explained

2023-08-16 00:23
Madonna's dance moves are part of the latest fitness trend that sees people have a go at the intense cardio routine. The Queen of Pop's choreography from her performance of the song 'Music' on her 2001 Drowned World Tour is the source of inspiration for this particular challenge, (though it's not for the faint-hearted). In the viral clip, Madonna - who was 43 years old at the time - can be seen doing 15 jump squats in sync with the beat of the music, all while wearing heeled boots too. Fans praised Madonna's performance as well as her fitness and stamina in comments. One person said: "The fact she did this at the END of the show." "15 squats IN HEELS! Fit inspiration," another person wrote. Someone else added: "I’m 31 and my knee hurts just watching." "Mother was mothering," a fourth person commented. @madonnaforinspiration June 9, 2001 —Madonna opened the „Drowned World Tour” in Barcelona. #madonna #music #drownedworldtour #2001 #barcelona #spain #pop #concerts #live #fy #fyp #madonnafans #queenofpop #lovemadonna #worldtour While the singer makes the workout seems effortless, TikToker has been having a go at doing the back-to-back squats in what has now become a viral challenge. TikToker @oliviavida05 gave the challenge a go and even sported similar heeled boots like Madonna had on - and she smashed it, also her video received 387,000 views. She wrote in the caption: "Losing count and doing an extra squat about did me in. She did it in boots so I grabbed mine," @oliviavida05 #duet with @Madonna for Inspiration #madonna Losing count and doing an extra squat about did me in. She did it in boots so I grabbed mine. #squats #madonnachallenge While @zuleth9 wore stilettos as she completed the Madonna squat challenge and channelled the popstar's energy and her video received nearly 530,000 views. "That was good! You’re the first one that actually does her head movements and spin at the end," one commenter wrote. @zuleth9 #dúo con @Madonna for Inspiration Madonna siempre 🔥🙌🏽🔝👠😅 cuantos squats contaron jajaa?? #madonna #colorit This jump squat is a basic lower-body exercise that can be used to build up and strengthen your leg muscles as it targets the quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes and can be added to a high-intensity workout routine. Elsewhere, Madonna response to ‘ageism’ around Grammys appearance is truly iconic and Lorraine Kelly hits out at Madonna's 'boiled egg' face. Sign up to our free Indy100 weekly newsletter Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.
The Madonna squats challenge TikTok trend explained

Madonna's dance moves are part of the latest fitness trend that sees people have a go at the intense cardio routine.

The Queen of Pop's choreography from her performance of the song 'Music' on her 2001 Drowned World Tour is the source of inspiration for this particular challenge, (though it's not for the faint-hearted).

In the viral clip, Madonna - who was 43 years old at the time - can be seen doing 15 jump squats in sync with the beat of the music, all while wearing heeled boots too.

Fans praised Madonna's performance as well as her fitness and stamina in comments.

One person said: "The fact she did this at the END of the show."

"15 squats IN HEELS! Fit inspiration," another person wrote.

Someone else added: "I’m 31 and my knee hurts just watching."

"Mother was mothering," a fourth person commented.

@madonnaforinspiration

June 9, 2001 —Madonna opened the „Drowned World Tour” in Barcelona. #madonna #music #drownedworldtour #2001 #barcelona #spain #pop #concerts #live #fy #fyp #madonnafans #queenofpop #lovemadonna #worldtour

While the singer makes the workout seems effortless, TikToker has been having a go at doing the back-to-back squats in what has now become a viral challenge.

TikToker @oliviavida05 gave the challenge a go and even sported similar heeled boots like Madonna had on - and she smashed it, also her video received 387,000 views.

She wrote in the caption: "Losing count and doing an extra squat about did me in. She did it in boots so I grabbed mine,"

@oliviavida05

#duet with @Madonna for Inspiration #madonna Losing count and doing an extra squat about did me in. She did it in boots so I grabbed mine. #squats #madonnachallenge

While @zuleth9 wore stilettos as she completed the Madonna squat challenge and channelled the popstar's energy and her video received nearly 530,000 views.

"That was good! You’re the first one that actually does her head movements and spin at the end," one commenter wrote.

@zuleth9

#dúo con @Madonna for Inspiration Madonna siempre 🔥🙌🏽🔝👠😅 cuantos squats contaron jajaa?? #madonna #colorit

This jump squat is a basic lower-body exercise that can be used to build up and strengthen your leg muscles as it targets the quadriceps, hamstrings, and glutes and can be added to a high-intensity workout routine.

Elsewhere, Madonna response to ‘ageism’ around Grammys appearance is truly iconic and Lorraine Kelly hits out at Madonna's 'boiled egg' face.

Have your say in our news democracy. Click the upvote icon at the top of the page to help raise this article through the indy100 rankings.