Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jake Paul ready to knock out Nate Diaz in August 5 boxing match: 'My fists are going to do all the talking''

2023-07-17 14:51
Jake Paul said the defeat against Tommy Fury improved him as a boxer, and that Nate Diaz will get an unpleasant awakening in August
Jake Paul ready to knock out Nate Diaz in August 5 boxing match: 'My fists are going to do all the talking''

CLEVELAND, OHIO: Jake Paul not only promises to beat Nate Diaz, but also promises a knockout. Paul and Diaz's much-anticipated bout will take place on August 5 at the American Airlines Center in Dallas. The former Disney Channel star believes the former UFC fighter will be severely injured in his boxing debut. This is Diaz's first bout since quitting the promotion.

Speaking to TMZ, Paul said, “I have the biggest chip on my shoulder, the biggest chip on both shoulders, coming back with a vengeance, refilled with that hunger that I had in the beginning of the sport to prove to people what I was capable of. The lion lost, I retreated back into the jungle, I took notes of everything, I got better, I trained, and now this lion is going to come out and maul this dude.”

'My fists are going to do all the talking'

Despite the fact that Diaz has been stopped in MMA previously, he has never been knocked out cold, and Paul's boxing career thus far has been marked by harsh finishes of former MMA fighters like Tyron Woodley and Ben Askren.

The most recent setback Paul had was in a grudge bout against Tommy Fury in February, which he lost on a split decision. Paul said that defeat improved him as a boxer, and Diaz will get an unpleasant awakening in August.

“I’m going to let my actions do the talking. When he gets in there with me, and he sees my speed, my power, my skill, and he can’t hit me, that is going to frustrate him. In that moment he’ll know that he f***** up, and he’s about to get embarrassed, and there’s a difference between a UFC champion and a boxer, a very skilled boxer in myself. My fists are going to do all the talking,” he said.

‘It’s not really on my mind’

"The Problem Child" said a rematch with Tommy Fury may be on the horizon when that is over and Paul is back on the winning track.

“It’s not really on my mind. I want to get through Aug 5. Obviously I want the Tommy rematch, there’s KSI, more and more names are going to pop up as I move up with my skill, but we’re just going to take care of Nate on Aug 5, tuck him in real nice, put him to sleep, and see what happens after that,” Paul said about the rematch.