Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Why did Showtime cancel ‘I Love That For You’? Here’s why fans can still hope for a second season

2023-06-09 11:17
Matt Rogers, one of the actors from ‘I Love That For You’, revealed that the second season has already been written
Why did Showtime cancel ‘I Love That For You’? Here’s why fans can still hope for a second season

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: In a shocking move, Showtime Networks Inc has canceled the series ‘I Love That For You’ after releasing only one season. The show first premiered in May 2022 and became an instant fan favorite. The SNL fames Vanessa Bayer and Molly Shannon star in this comedy drama.

Despite the concrete news of the network discarding this show, there is still hope that the show will make a comeback. A second season could be in the bags if the show gets picked up by another network.

Will there be a Season 2 for ‘I Love That For You’?

Given that the show premiered in May 2022, viewers have been waiting for any news about the second season for a while now. The show follows Bayer’s real-life experience with childhood leukemia while she navigates through the world of being a home-shopping network host, enlarging the comic relief aspect. It’s an interesting premise of showing the TV world inside a TV show.

“‘I Love That For You’ has completed its run on Showtime. We want to thank Vanessa, Jeremy [Beiler, co-creator] and Jessi [Klein, EP], along with the incredible cast and crew for their hard work and wish them the best going forward,” a Showtime spokesperson said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter.

Matt Rogers, who is also part of the show, revealed in a podcast last year that the second season has already been written. So, fans of the show have little to worry about.

Why did Showtime cancel ‘I Love That For You’?

‘I Love That For You’ is not the first show to meet such an unexpected end at Showtime. The network has previously canceled several of its original shows, leaving the comedy series as its only surviving one before it met the same fate.

Showtime has undergone major changes in its ownership, authorial hierarchy and overall vision after merging with MTV Entertainment Studios. The newly appointed CEO, Chris McCarthy, completely altered the face of Showtime Networks, including the executive team, which was replaced by his own from MTV studios. McCarthy has been the one behind the multiple show cancellations from the network.

‘I Love That For You’ may be shopped by Annapurna Pictures for production soon but nothing has been confirmed yet.