Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jill Duggar accuses parents of not paying her for giving birth on camera, Internet feels 'proud of her' for speaking out

2023-06-03 14:54
Jill Duggar claimed that her parents made $18 million after doing 21 seasons on television but failed to give a single penny to her and her siblings
Jill Duggar accuses parents of not paying her for giving birth on camera, Internet feels 'proud of her' for speaking out

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The Duggar family has ruled the television world for years through their TLC reality show by portraying their bizarre way of living. However, in recent years, a lot of shocking revelations have come out about the family, especially about the Duggar family heads Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar as well as their eldest child Josh Duggar, who sexually abused children, including two of his sisters.

More bombshell details have now been unveiled in the Prime Video docuseries — ‘Shiny Happy People: Duggar Family Secrets’. The new series, which was released on June 2, features Jill (Duggar) Dillard and her husband Derick Dillard, Amy (Duggar) King and her husband Dillon King, and Deanna Jordan, Jim's sister.

What did Jill Duggar claim?

In the four-part show, the fourth eldest of the Duggars' 19 children claimed that her parents made $18 million after doing 21 seasons on television but failed to give a single penny to her and her siblings. The 32-year-old also alleged that just before her 2014 wedding to Derick she was asked to sign a contract in a very clever way, so she could not know the whole terms and conditions, making her continue shooting involuntarily.

She shared, as per Daily Mail, “It was just at the end of the kitchen table. [My dad was like,] ‘Hey, I just need you guys to sign these’. I didn't know what it was for.” However, eventually, she understood that it was a “commitment of her life to the show” for the next “five years.”

‘They were gonna get what they wanted’

However, things got frustrating for Jill and her husband when they were forced to shoot their first child’s birth. She said, “A few weeks out from the birth, the production company is like, ‘Hey so we're thinking about the birth, are you good with us having one person there?’ I was like, ‘Well actually, we don't want you guys there at all'.”

“They were like, ‘At all?' They were shocked. I knew for sure nobody was going to be in my delivery room. Nobody. And nobody would be there for the labor. I didn't want any of that.” she mentioned.

“We basically lost. They were gonna get what they wanted,” Derrick explained as Jill went on to note, “They gave us cameras and they were like, ‘You guys shoot’. We did diary cams, we did a lot of work so they got the footage.”

However, despite recording the birth and giving it to the production company, the pair reportedly did not get any money in exchange. Derick stated, “They said they paid the family. Paying the family means we don't get anything. They said, ‘We paid your dad so take it up with him'.” Jill added, “No check, no cash, no nothing. For seven-and-a-half years of my adult life, I was never paid. We were taken advantage of.”

‘Good for Jill Duggar’

Meanwhile, Jill’s apparent confessions have garnered a lot of support online as a user tweeted, “Aren’t there laws in place in the entertainment business for children to get paid & a % held back until they are 18??? Bc @TLC I HAVE questions…” Another user said, “So, her parents pimped her out, to TLC?”

“I am so interested to watch and see the cult that The Duggars are apart of be dismantled👀👀. Here for the survivors speaking out against the cult that hides behind Christianity. Proud of Jill Duggar for speaking out against the cult she was raised in and calling out her parents,” the third one shared.

The fourth user commented, “So proud of #jillduggar spoke out and told her story honestly! I used to watch that show as a kid with my mom and just think and tell my mom there is no way these people are this perfect even at a young age I. Told her this.” “Good for Jill Duggar. She lost familial relationships by standing up for herself. That was likely difficult, but she dared to make a new and different life for her and her family and that is brave. Rise above girl, rise above,” the fifth one added.

This article contains remarks made on the Internet by individual people and organizations. MEAWW cannot confirm them independently and does not support claims or opinions being made online.