Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Jeremy Renner jogs for first time amid recovery from snowplow accident, says 'pain is progess' for him

2023-05-20 04:26
'It’s a new movement that I’m not used to. Walking and jogging are very different muscle groups,' Jeremy Renner said
Jeremy Renner jogs for first time amid recovery from snowplow accident, says 'pain is progess' for him

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Jeremy Renner, 52, continues to recover from a near-fatal snow plow accident that happened on Christmas day. The 'Hawk Eye' actor took to Instagram and posted a video to keep his fans updated about the latest developments.

He captioned the video, "First attempt at a light jog with weight-assisted lift for the broken tibia," he captioned the video. "Pain is progress for me," he added with a smiling emoji.

READ MORE

Paul Rudd sent his Avengers co-star Jeremy Renner hilarious message after near-fatal accident

'Love you, mama': Jeremy Renner apologizes to mother for nearly dying in snowplow accident

'It's a new activity, right?'

Renner is heard remarking to the person filming, "It's a new activity, right?" in the video. “It’s a new movement that I’m not used to. Walking and jogging are very different muscle groups.” He jokes, “The leg’s still broken, thank goodness for the titanium."

The 'Avenger' star seems to make steady progress after breaking "more than 30 bones" in the horrific incident. Earlier, he posted videos of walking with a walker and cane. "My PT made this for reference and to remember, you cannot walk unless you take one step at a time!" he captioned the video. Just last month, for the premiere of his new Disney+ series Rennervations, Oscar nominee Renner returned to the red carpet. Renner received a standing ovation as he walked hand in hand with his daughter.

'It’s my life'

“From the personal challenges — physical, emotional, health, all of that — it’s come hand-in-hand with the show because the show is also very, very, very personal to me, it’s my life,” Renner told The Hollywood Reporter. Rener was helping his nephew when the incident happened.

"First time to kind of get out of my bed and out of rehab and, you know, to be on my feet and be out in the world. It's intense, you know, for me, it's a lot, but it's a step in the direction I want to be going, right? And this is exactly what I want to be doing and exactly where I want my life to be right now," Renner told People.

'If I was there on my own, that would have been a horrible way to die'

The actor admitted in one interview that his wounds were so severe that he thought about making end-of-life decisions and pleaded with his family. "Don't let me live on tubes on a machine." Talking about the injuries he said, adding, “If I was there on my own, that would have been a horrible way to die, and surely I would have. Surely. But I wasn’t alone. I was with my nephew, sweet Alex.” On mothers Day, Rennner posted a picture of his mother and apologized for putting her through the ordeal. "Mother Earth, Mother Nature, and Mama… No matter how challenging, painful, or difficult life can be for me as of recent, it does not elude you. I’m sorry for the weight I’ve made you carry, yet so very grateful that you can with grace and strength. Thank you, love you mama…. My rock."

Tags news