Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Maren Morris denies country music exit as she promotes EP 'The Bridge' on 'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon'

2023-11-08 20:16
Maren Morris made a resounding statement on 'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,' denying rumors of her departure from country music
Maren Morris denies country music exit as she promotes EP 'The Bridge' on 'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon'

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK: Maren Morris made a spirited appearance on 'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon,' putting to rest rumors about her departure from country music. The Grammy-winning 33-year-old artist discussed her latest EP, 'The Bridge,' released by Columbia in March, and explained the inspiration behind its name.

Maren Morris denies rumors of exiting country music scene

'The Tree' and 'Get The Hell Out Of Here' were the two songs that fueled Maren's decision to name the EP 'The Bridge.' She felt that it was time to move beyond certain aspects of the country music genre that no longer resonated with her. Donning a stylish black one-shoulder dress, Maren conveyed her thoughts to host Jimmy Fallon on the NBC talk show.

Jimmy didn't waste any time and probed Maren about the recent headlines suggesting her exit from country music.

In response, Maren clarified her perspective, "Well, I don't think it's something you can really leave because it's the music that's in me and that's what I grew up doing. It's the music I write, even if I've been sort of genre-fluid my whole career. You can't scrub the country music out."

She emphasized that the headlines were sensationalized and didn't reflect her true intentions.

"So you're not leaving country music?," Jimmy sought confirmation.

Maren unequivocally replied, "No, no. I'm taking the good parts with me. And all are welcome. But yeah, there were some facets of it that I didn't really jive with anymore."

Her message was clear: she's evolving but not abandoning her roots.

Amidst the discussion, Maren revealed that she was feeling a "lot happier" and admitted to a slight hangover after her recent performance at the Bowery Bar in New York City. She shared her excitement about performing at small venues as part of a fan club series.

"I feel like last night was one of my favorite shows of all time, just because, I don't know, I just felt so free. And we're not married to a set list; we're being a lot more relaxed with it. So, I was like, 'Can we do one of these once a month? Just to feel close,'" Maren said.

To top off her appearance, Maren performed 'The Tree' on the show, leaving fans thrilled and engaged.

Fans express their love for Maren Morris

Maren's fans flooded the internet with support, expressing their enthusiasm for her continued presence in country music.

YouTube comments praised her talent and heart. One user wrote, "Maren Morris has a beautiful heart and a beautiful voice."

Another comment simply stated, "Love her." The admiration didn't stop there, with a third user chiming in, "Fearless, and so beyond talented," and another fan affirming, "So worthy."

Maren Morris' divorce from Ryan Hurd after five years of marriage

Maren recently filed for divorce from her husband, Ryan Hurd, after five years of marriage. The 36-year-old husband and 33-year-old Texas native had tied the knot in a picturesque Nashville ceremony in March 2018.

Their journey as a couple started with a collaboration on the 2014 Tim McGraw hit, 'Last Turn Home,' and they officially became a couple in 2015. Their union saw the birth of their only child, a son named Hayes, in 2020.

The decision to part ways was attributed to "irreconcilable differences," as stated in court papers obtained by Us Weekly. It was reported that the couple had a prenuptial agreement in place, highlighting their commitment to an amicable separation.

Tags news