Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Logan Paul to face Rey Mysterio at WWE Crown Jewel days after Dillon Danis win

2023-10-21 14:47
During the recent episode of 'Smackdown', Logan Paul made a return to WWE and confronted Rey Mysterio
Logan Paul to face Rey Mysterio at WWE Crown Jewel days after Dillon Danis win

CLEVELAND, OHIO: Logan Paul has confirmed his next fight as he returns to Saudi Arabia at Crown Jewel on November 4 for a blockbuster clash against professional wrestler Oscar Gutierrez Rubio, who is better known by his ring name Rey Mysterio.

In the latest episode of 'SmackDown', which aired on Friday, October 21 night, the two stars sealed the deal with a handshake, officially setting the stage for the match.

This comes just days after Paul won his much-anticipated fight against MMA star Dillon Danis.

Logan Paul vs Rey Mysterio all set to take place at Crown Jewel

During the recent episode of 'Smackdown', Logan Paul made a return to WWE and confronted Rey Mysterio.

He said, "Let me jog your memory, I already beat Rey Mysterio. I beat Rey Mysterio in my first-ever WWE wrestling match – been there, done that," as per Metro.

Further adding, "In fact, the last time I beat Rey Mysterio, Dominik was still his son."

Paul continued, "The last time I wrestled Rey Mysterio, Roman Reigns actually showed up to wrestle! The last time I wrestled Rey Mysterio, LA Knight didn’t even have a job! A lot has changed since then, y’all."

He continued, "I’m not here for Rey Mysterio, but Rey has something I need. Rey has respect. I don’t need your respect. Rey has a legacy. I got my own legacy."

Adding. "Rey has the US Championship – the coveted US Championship, and I do need that championship. So even though last weekend I just beat up a deadbeat dad, it looks like at Crown Jewel I have to beat up another one."

However, Rey Mysterio came out and insisted Logan has a "big mouth" and "needs some humbling," noting that he won’t "hesitate to whoop" him in the ring.

The legendary luchador appeared hesitant to shake hands, but Logan Paul managed to persuade him to do so. This sets the stage for an immense showdown at Crown Jewel.

Fans react to upcoming fight between Logan Paul and Rey Mysterio

Fans reacted to Logan Paul taking on Rey Mysterio at WWE Crown Jewel, with one saying, "He makes a great heel. I don't like the thought of part timers holding a title, but I'm not a fan of Rey so...", while another said, "He maybe a jerk but he plays that so very well."

Another person wrote, "Logan Paul taking shots at everyone but wants that US Title," while one said, "When did he beat Rey Mysterio? He made a YouTube video on him?" A fan also said, "Rey is going to knock hardly."

Tags news