Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Nick Diaz wishes to challenge either of Paul brothers to a fight: ‘I like to keep options open’

2023-08-08 12:55
Nick Diaz said, 'I’m a lot better than both of these guys, I’d love to entertain the idea of moving on to whoever they’ve got for me'
Nick Diaz wishes to challenge either of Paul brothers to a fight: ‘I like to keep options open’

STOCKTON, CALIFORNIA: Nick Diaz is seeking retribution for the Diaz army. Diaz, 40, was there at the American Airlines Center in Dallas on Saturday to support his younger brother Nate Diaz, who lost to Jake Paul in his pro boxing debut after 10 rounds by a unanimous decision.

Following the fight, Diaz jumped on the mike to declare his want for a piece of the Paul brothers, whether it be younger brother Jake or elder brother Logan.

‘I’m a lot better than both of these guys’

Talking about the fight, Nick said, “I think [Nate] needed a little more work. But let’s cut to the chase, I’m a lot better than both of these guys that are out there. I’d love to entertain the idea of moving on to whoever they’ve got for me. So if they want to do Round 2 [against Jake], if [Nate] ain’t going to do it, I’ll take it. [Jake’s] got an older brother too, so don’t forget about the one and only.”

Diaz last participated in a professional fight in 2021, losing to Robbie Lawler by third-round TKO at UFC 266. The battle, Diaz's first since January 2015, prolonged the Stockton native's winless record of four fights, which began with his notorious 2012 defeat to Carlos Condit for the interim welterweight title of the UFC. Over that time, Diaz also lost a unanimous decision to Georges St-Pierre in 2013 for the undisputed UFC welterweight championship.

‘I like to keep options open’

While his younger brother has never fought professionally, Diaz won his pro debut fight against Alfonso Rocha in 2005 by unanimous decision.

“I’d like to get a good look at what’s going on because I don’t know what’s happening, but I like to keep options open. I’d like to entertain something in the near future. We could talk about that. It could be a possibility. Either way, yeah, one of those two, or maybe something else. Who knows? I’ve got a lot going on right now, but we can sort that out,” he said.

He further added that he tries to stay away from the fight game in general because he is all the way in. “Of course [it motivates me], that’s why I try to stay away from the fight game in general, because I’m all the way in. It’s all or nothing. I’m never one foot in, one foot out. But me coming here today, I just feel that I have a little bit of an opportunity to open up a little bit of a window. If that’s what it is, then just let it be known — I’m still motivated as ever, and I’m a harder worker and better fighter than anybody that’s out here in this right now in this day and age,” he said.

Tags news