Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

The evolution of Millie Bobby Brown: From 'Stranger Things' breakthrough to planning her wedding

2023-08-15 21:22
Millie Bobby Brown grew up on our screens and now, she is ready to embrace married life after getting engaged to Jake Bongiovi
The evolution of Millie Bobby Brown: From 'Stranger Things' breakthrough to planning her wedding

Millie Bobby Brown's journey from TV debut to wedding preparations after engagement to Jake Bongiovi

After making her debut in 2013, Millie Bobby Brown, 19, has emerged as one of the most lovable stars of this generation. Brown, who got engaged to her boyfriend Jake Bongiovi, 21, in April, has recently said it's "so fun" to begin her wedding preparations. She referred it as "Such an exciting time in my life" per Daily Mail.

Millie Bobby Brown's acting debut in 2013

Brown made her acting debut at the age of 9 when she was cast as the young Alice on ABC’s ‘Once Upon a Time in Wonderland’ in 2013. Later she went on to play several minor roles in ABC's ‘Modern Family’, ‘Grey's Anatomy’ and CBS' ‘NCIS’ among others.

Millie Bobby Brown and 'Stranger Things' fame in 2016

While Brown made her acting debut in 2013, it was in 2016 that she became a breakout star after starring in Netflix’s ‘Stranger Things’. Before getting cast as Eleven on the show, Brown was told by a casting director that she was “too mature.” She told Allure in an interview, “I always knew that I was mature and I couldn’t really help that,” before adding, “Being told that it wasn’t, that I wouldn’t make it in this industry, it was so hurtful. I got really down about that.”

Millie Bobby Brown's first Emmy nomination in 2017

At the age of 13, Brown became one of the youngest nominees in the history of Emmy Awards after receiving a nod for 'Stranger Things' Season 1 in 2017. In 2018, she received the same nomination in the in the 'Outstanding Supporting Actress' category for 'Stranger Things' Season 2. However, she didn’t win both times.

Millie Bobby Brown wins her first award in 2017

While Brown could not get her hands on the coveted Emmy, she did receive her first individual award in 2017. She won the 'Best Performance in a Show' at the MTV Movie and TV Awards in 2017. She thanked the creators Duffer Brothers, for creating "a badass female iconic character that I've got the honor to play."

Millie Bobby Brown becomes youngest UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in 2018

Brown became the youngest UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in 2018 when she was just 14. In 2019, she along with another UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador David Beckham attended the UN Summit to "demand basic rights for every child" on World Children's Day 2019 on November 20, 2019 in New York City.

Millie Bobby Brown's beauty line launch in 2019

Brown tried her hand in other ventures too — like when she launched her own beauty line ‘Florence by Mills’ in 2019 with 'clean' beauty products. She recently launched a line of perfumes too, expanding her brand’s portfolio of luxury cosmetics.

Millie Bobby Brown turns producer with 'Enola Holmes' in 2020

Brown turned producer with Netflix’s ‘Enola Holmes’ (2020) and ‘Enola Holmes 2’ (2022) after getting inspired from Nancy Springer's ‘Enola Holmes Mysteries’ series. Brown also starred in the two movies as the lead character, with Henry Cavill playing her older brother, Sherlock, and Helena Bonham Carter playing the eccentric Holmes matriarch.

Millie Bobby Brown gets engaged to Jake Bongiovi in 2023

On April 11, 2023, Brown hinted on her Instagram profile about her engagement with her boyfriend, Jake Bongiovi, who is the son of rock legend Jon Bon Jovi. The news was later confirmed.