Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Wendy Williams pulls out of $25K speaking engagement for Atlanta Women’s Expo amid health concerns

2023-05-19 10:18
'There is a video from Wendy that will be played Saturday, apologizing for the late cancellation,' a rep for the Atlanta Women’s Expo said
Wendy Williams pulls out of $25K speaking engagement for Atlanta Women’s Expo amid health concerns

ATLANTA, GEORGIA: Wendy Williams has reportedly pulled out of her marquee speaking engagement at the last minute, which was supposed to take place this weekend in Atlanta. This comes amid fears that the 58-year-old is unwell. Sources have claimed she bailed on her $25,000 gig for the Atlanta Women’s Expo.

"There is a video from Wendy that will be played Saturday, apologizing for the late cancellation," a rep for the Expo said, confirming the cancellation, according to The US Sun. Another source confirmed there were issues with her health. "There have been questions about if Wendy was well enough to do it, and there was pushing by some to get her to Atlanta and to put her on that stage," they said.

READ MORE

'Keep working on yourself!' Wendy Williams cheers Blac Chyna on her transformation while battling upheavals in her own life

Wendy Williams' close friends worried 'new people' in her life may take advantage of her vulnerability

"Wendy's ability to perform has been rocky at best. She can put together a sentence one day but not the next," the source added. "There have been serious questions recently about if she will ever get better." Williams' appearance has been removed from the Expo webiste too. However, there is still a photo of hers in the event's lineup of speakers.

Atlanta Women's Expo released a press release last month, announcing Williams' appearance. "Keynote Speaker Wendy Williams as she shares insight into her trailblazing three-decade career in entertainment and a behind-the-scenes look into her inspiring journey of Life and the Pursuit of True Happiness on Saturday, May 20, 2023 at 1:00," it had said.

When 'The Wendy Williams Show' ended after nearly 14 years

Williams officially ended her talk show last year after nearly 14 years. The final episode of the show aired on June 17, 2022, with a video tribute to the host. Previously, Willaims had gone on hiatus for the show in March 2018 and in May 2020 again due to complications with Graves' disease and hyperthyroidism that she suffers from.

"It came from me neglecting my six month endocrinology appointment," she told People in 2018. "I have Graves' disease and hyperthyroid. If you have one you don't necessarily have to have the other, but I have both, and I was diagnosed with both 19 years ago."

Will Wendy Willaims make a comeback after leaving 'The Wendy Show'?

Concerns grew over Williams' health when a source close to the TV host confirmed that Williams' podcast project, a new venture titled 'The Wendy Experience,' was reportedly canceled in March. The podcast project had been announced over summer 2022.

"It's strange, because she is saying there is no podcast, but is also telling people she's going to return to TV. It's hard to figure out what is based in reality," the source said as per The US Sun.

However, contrary to the reports, it was revealed that the show has not been canceled before its launch. “We are still working behind the scenes on several projects. There has been no official cancellation of the podcast,” Williams’ publicist, Shawn Zanotti, told the Page Six.

Tags news epcelebs