Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Will there be season 3 of 'Warrior Nun'? Netflix revives Alba Baptista starrer after worldwide fan campaign

2023-06-28 20:26
Fans saved the Alba Baptista starrer 'Warriorr Nun' with all their passion and zeal
Will there be season 3 of 'Warrior Nun'? Netflix revives Alba Baptista starrer after worldwide fan campaign

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: A simple tweet from ‘Warrior Nun’ showrunner Simon Davis Barry proved the Halobearers are nothing short of the warriors they stan in their lives! Davis took to his Twitter to share the greatest news to the fans of the YA fantasy series ‘Warrior Nun’ - the Alba Baptista starrer has finally been saved. While he didn’t give much detail, Davis confirmed that the sapphic show would be returning for a third season.

After a successful second season, the immensely popular fantasy show was unceremoniously canceled by Netflix in 2022. The show debuted in 2021 with a huge fanfare. But it became an even bigger phenomenon in the second season and ended with a cliffhanger. Naturally, the fans of the show were left heartbroken and took the help of the Internet to outpour their frustration.

From starting an online petition to crowdfunding billboards in front of Netflix’s office, the fans gave their all to save the show that seamlessly combined religion with science and garnered a steady fanbase. In the end, after almost half a year of fight, they can finally call themselves victorious.

#SaveWarriorNun Petition

After the show was canceled in December, 2022, the fans of the show started an online petition to save the show. Sarah Manning, who started the petition on Change.org, voiced passionately, “We will not sit quiet about this.” She argued in her petition, “This show was extremely important for representation (includes POC, female led cast, LGBTQ). Nevertheless, Warrior nun is truly a rare show. It flawlessly blends an interesting plot, punchy action sequences, complex characters you’ll easily love, AND includes commentary on the blurred line between science and religion together to create an incredible fantasy show.”

Their fight was also against Netflix for canceling sapphic shows or shows hinting towards lesbian relationships. She further quipped, “A renewal would be extremely meaningful to a community that feels constantly underrepresented, misrepresented, and undervalued in current television media.” At the time of writing, the Change.org petition had accumulated a whopping 1,23,568 signatures. They requested Netflix to reverse their decision. If that is not possible, they asked any other streaming giant to pick up the show and save it from a premature end.

Crowdfunding billboards

In an extremely endearing turn of events, the ‘Warrior Nun’ fans crowdfunded in order to put up billboards at some of the most strategic places of the western hemisphere. Throughout the month of March, the billboards could be seen in various parts of the world. They put up one in front of the Netflix office in Los Angeles, California. Billboards were placed at Times Square in New York and London. The Italian city of Milan also got a billboard from March 13 to March 26.

Twitter - A battleground

The Twitteratti wasn’t far behind too. They have accumulated over 15 million tweets in 197 days of their protest. After trending the '#SaveWarriorNun', they have now finally been able to rejoice by saying, 'WarriorNunsaved'.

'I DIDN'T REALIZE THINGS LIKE THIS ACTUALLY HAPPEN'

One exhilarated fan mimicked her excitement by posting a GIF and writing, "I'M SCREAMING AND JUMPING AND DANCING!!! I'M SO SO SO HAPPY! I CAN'T FOCUS ON ANYTHING." Another said, "Warrior nun has been saved??? omg i’m crying." Someone else appreciated the commendable job the fans had done by saying, "Wow @netflix actually bent over to the public's demands for once in their miserable history . Here's to WARRIOR NUN Season 3. Praise ADRIEL."

Another happy fan quipped that they are wrong in giving up their hope, "I fr gave up on the save warrior nun campaign like three months in i didn’t see any hope. IM SO HAPPY TO BE WRONG OH MY GOD???" Another user was cautious about getting their hopes high, saying, "Yall better not b playin about warrior nun being saved cuz im tired of gettin my hopes up." Another said, "I DIDN'T REALIZE THINGS LIKE THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED THIS IS SO F**KING CRAZY." Another wrote a long message saying, "I really didnt expect this outcome. I thought they would keep ignoring us but this is why the internet was made. To join people from around the world, with a common goal and get the job done. Thank you to everyone that didnt give up! This victory is yours! #WarriorNunSaved."

Tags news