Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Rob McElhenney OK? 'Always Sunny in Philadelphia' star, 46, reveals health diagnoses

2023-07-13 01:50
'It’s not something I would normally talk about publicly but I figured there are others who struggle with similar things,' wrote Rob McElhenney
Is Rob McElhenney OK? 'Always Sunny in Philadelphia' star, 46, reveals health diagnoses

PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA: Rob McElhenney has revealed that he was recently diagnosed with "neurodevelopmental disorders and learning disabilities." The 'Always Sunny' star took to Twitter on Tuesday, July 11, to share the news of his condition to "remind" others they are "not alone."

"It’s not something I would normally talk about publicly but I figured there are others who struggle with similar things and I wanted to remind you that you’re not alone. You’re not stupid. You’re not 'bad.' It might feel that way sometimes. But it’s not true :)," he tweeted.

Is McElhenney OK?

In his tweet, the 'Always Sunny' star wrote, "I was recently diagnosed with a host of neurodevelopmental disorders and learning disabilities! At 46!". He further shared that he will be going through "the full diagnosis/prognosis" in two weeks on the 'Always Sunny Podcast'

A learning disability is a "present when the brain takes in and works with information in a way that is not typical. It keeps a person from learning a skill and using it well," according to Mayo Clinic.

Fans rush to support McElhenney

After the Wrexham AFC co-owner opened up about his diagnosis, he received positive response and support from his Twitter followers. "Fantastic attitude and presence - every step ahead is merely the journey. You got this!", wrote a fan while another tweeted, "Being honest about mental health is almost never a bad thing. I anticipate loving you more than I already do after listening to the podcast episode. Looking forward to it!"

McElhenney set to continue to work for his soccer team

McElhenney and Wrexham AFC co-owner, Ryan Reynolds whose Welsh team was promoted to the Football League are all set to begin the soccer season in the United Kingdom. The promotion in April witnessed the team's return for the first time in 15 years, according to ET.

In 2021, McElhenney and Reynold took to Instagram to share their happiness after they took control of the Welsh team. "I don't remember this moment at all. But you can see something leave both of our bodies at the same time. And then we're filled back up with an indescribable joy," the 'Mythic Quest' star captioned the video which Reynolds noted was captured by Paul Rudd. The 'Deadpool' actor then shared a picture of himself kissing the Vanarama National League Trophy he hoisted into the air with McElhenney.

Michael B Jordan has teamed up with McElhenney and Reynolds for another sports venture.