Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'The Sopranos' star Michael Imperioli lashes out after SCOTUS’s anti-LGBTQ+ ruling, warns ‘bigots and homophobes’ to stay away

2023-07-03 12:50
'The Sopranos' star took to social media to call out the SCOTUS's recent decision and called it dehumanizing
'The Sopranos' star Michael Imperioli lashes out after SCOTUS’s anti-LGBTQ+ ruling, warns ‘bigots and homophobes’ to stay away

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: The Supreme Court recently ruled that certain businesses in the country can deny services to same-sex couples after a Colorado web designer argued that she had the right under the First Amendment to refuse to create a wedding website for same-sex couples. This decision was slammed by activists across the nation, one of them being acclaimed actor Michael Imperioli.

The ‘Goodfellas’ and ‘The Sopranos’ star was furious with Supreme Court’s ruling and sarcastically mocked the decision by stating that he has decided to forbid “bigots and homophobes” from watching any show or movie that he’s been a part of. The 57-year-old didn’t waste any time to make his voice heard and sprung to Instagram when the decision came out in the open.

‘I’ve decided to forbid bigots and homophobes’

Michael sarcastically thanked the Supreme Court for "allowing" him to discriminate based on sexual orientation. He later had a stern warning for his followers when he banned "bigots and homophobes" from watching all his work. In an Instagram post, Michael said, “I’ve decided to forbid bigots and homophobes from watching The Sopranos, The White Lotus, Goodfellas, or any movie or tv show I’ve been in. Thank you Supreme Court for allowing me to discriminate and exclude those who I don’t agree with and am opposed to. USA! USA!” However, Michael wasn’t done.

He later commented on his post calling out the nation’s ignorance and the direction that it’s heading for. “America is becoming dumber by the minute,” and also stated that the Supreme Court’s decision was “dehumanization.” In a third comment on his own post, he said, “Hate and ignorance is not a legitimate point of view.” The apex court ruled that a website designer could refuse to provide services for same-sex weddings, despite a Colorado non-discrimination law. The court ruled that the designer was within First Amendment rights to refuse such services, but activists said the decision was a setback for LGBTQ+ rights.

‘Can we now, legally, opt not to do business with Christian?’

Many who read Michael's post agreed with him. One fan said in the Instagram comments, “Can we now, legally, opt not to do business with Christian?,” while another wrote, “Hate in the name of God - it makes no sense to me. It's cruel.” A third stated, “What a s**t show America is. All religion and "rights" fucking everything up. Shambles of a country,” as a fourth said, "USA becoming a real 3rd world country.” However, a user took note of the situation in the comments section and replied, "Thank you, Michael. So many of these replies don’t pass the vibe check.”

Tags news epcelebs