Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Artem Chigvintsev OK? Ezra Sosa fills in for 'DWTS' Season 32 pro dancer during Latin Night amid rumors of his return

2023-10-04 14:22
'DWTS' Season 32 pro dancer Artem Chigvintsev tested positive for COVID-19
Is Artem Chigvintsev OK? Ezra Sosa fills in for 'DWTS' Season 32 pro dancer during Latin Night amid rumors of his return

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Artem Chigvintsev wasn't able to join his partner Charity Lawson during Tuesday, October 3, episode of 'Dancing with the Stars' after testing positive for COVID-19. However, Ezra Sosa stepped in to support Charity during Latin Night.

Artem announced his diagnosis on Instagram and shared that his partner Charity will dance with Ezra for the show's Latin Night. The professional dancer took to his Instagram and wrote, "So sad [to] announce but here it comes."

He added, "I will not be performing with @charitylawson tonight on @dancingwiththestars due to Covid ( Covid sucks )." He added, "But on a good news @charitylawson is still dancing tonight with amazing @ezra.sosa."

Artem further noted, "They had a tough week Ezra stepped in like a champ and they have been working really hard this last couple of days so please give them all the love and support you can and Don’t Forget To Vote."

Sosa responded in the comment section, writing, 'Gonna do my best to make you proud Artem! 🫶🏻✨' However, the official DWTS Instagram also confirmed the news, writing "Artem will not be dancing tonight due to COVID. Wishing him a quick recovery! ❤️ Charity will perform with Ezra for #LatinNight. #DWTS"

The former 'Bachelorette' star also responded in the comment section, writing, "A duo if you ever seen what! Grateful for @ezra.sosa stepping in and getting the job done!!! Don’t miss tonight and make sure to VOTE for me!"

However, currently, it has not been confirmed when Artem will return to dance with his partner Charity in 'DWTS' Season 32.

Charity Lawson and Ezra Sosa stuns judges with their performance

'DWTS' Season 32 pair Charity Lawson and Ezra Sosa showed off some impressive moves and garnered praise from the judges. Following the routine, Derek praised Charity for doing 'an amazing job' with the 'curveball' she was thrown, but urged her to develop 'more of a connection' with her partner.

Meanwhile, Bruno said Charity could "afford to relax a little bit more," and asked for "a little bit more sexual tension." Carrie Ann also called it "elegant and clean and borderline stiff," but praised Charity for working with a new partner on a whim.

Meanwhile, the 'DWTS' viewers were also amazed by Charity and Ezra and they demanded to permanently replace Artem. A Twiter user wrote, "I would like to see some Ezra choreo on Charity. I stand by my statement last week that Artem needs to find a way to have more impactful choreo.""

Another person noted, "Sorry to artem but charity & ezra dance so well together…" Another viewer added, "I feel like we need more Ezra on this show. Make him a permanent pro."

Another critic said, "CHARITY GAVE US EVERYTHING!!! Every move has intention and power! She ATE!! Also, what an amazing debut from Ezra!!!" Another Reddit user penned, "Do we think Ezra will fill for Artem for the upcoming show as well?! Would love to see him again!"

Comment
byu/Hawkwings77 from discussion
indancingwiththestars

Charity Lawson and Artem Chigvintsev topped 'DWTS' Season 32 premiere leaderboard

Charity Lawson and Artem Chigvintsev grabbed the top spot during last week's premiere episode. Charity and Artem danced the tango to Rihanna's "Only Girl in the World," and as judge Bruno Tonioli proclaimed immediately after their performance, "That was a tango stunner!"

Meanwhile, Carrie Ann Inaba and Derek Hough agreed with Bruno. In fact, Carrie was practically speechless, nearly cursing in excitement on air.

Carrie said, "What week is it?!" as Charity's fiancé, Dotun Olubeko, beamed with pride in the audience. "Exquisite," Bruno said of the tango that earned the pair the highest score of the night.

New episodes of 'DWTS' Season 32 air every Tuesday at 8 pm ET on ABC and Disney+.