Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Has Rihanna secretly married her baby daddy? A$AP Rocky drops new song 'Riot' where he refers to songstress as 'my wife'

2023-07-21 19:57
A$AP Rocky and Rihanna are expecting their second child, who will be arriving this summer
Has Rihanna secretly married her baby daddy? A$AP Rocky drops new song 'Riot' where he refers to songstress as 'my wife'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: A$AP Rocky has launched his first single of 2023, fuelling rumors that he was married to Rihanna. While the extremely private couple has never confirmed the news, but they had been dropping hints throughout the year about their nuptials.

Rihanna and Rocky, who are expecting their second child, are parents to another baby boy named RZA, whom they welcomed in May 2022. On July 20, Rocky released the audio preview from his upcoming album, ‘Don’t Be Dumb’, which fuelled speculation about their marriage.

Has Rihanna secretly married A$AP Rocky?

Neither Rihanna nor Rocky have ever confirmed that they were married. However, the song urges anyone to wonder whether the power couple tied the knot in a secret ceremony through the lyrics. In the song ‘Riot (Rowdy Pipe’n)’, Rocky sings, “My wife is erotic, I’m smokin’ exotic.”

This is, however, not the first time the ‘Everyday’ rapper has referred to Rihanna as his wife. Earlier in 2023, the Fenty Beauty founder and ‘Praise the Lord’ singer attended the Spotify Beach event at Cannes Lions. Rocky was performing there and as per Page Six, he called the pregnant Rihanna “my beautiful wife.” Dedicating the song ‘Sundress’ to her, he shouted, “I’d like to dedicate this song to my beautiful wife in the motherf****** building!”

'They’ve talked about getting married down the line'

The ‘Lift Me Up’ songstress started dating Rocky in 2020 after her split with Hassan Jameel. More than two years later they became the proud parents of RZA. During the February’s Superbowl performance, the singer announced that she was pregnant with the couple’s second child, who is due this summer. In June, sources close to them told Us Weekly that while the couple was not yet married, they were planning to tie the knot soon.

An insider reportedly said, “They’ve talked about getting married down the line,” adding, “[They] both think of each other as the one they’re going to spend the rest of their life with." Another insider said, “[They] are actually enjoying this guessing game that’s going on amongst fans and even their close friends.”

'I’m literally the girl trying to get into the boys club'

In February, Rihanna gushed about becoming a mother to British Vogue. She said, “We’re best friends with a baby,” adding, “We have to be on the same page, but we’ve always kind of had that in our relationship. Everything changes when you have a baby but I wouldn’t say it’s done anything but made us closer.”

Speaking about the relationship between her son and Rocky, she said, “I’m just sitting on the sidelines when they’re together. I’m literally the girl trying to get into the boys club, waiting for my turn. He is obsessed with his father. And I’m like, ‘Didn’t I give birth to you? What is going on?’"

Tags news