Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson plans to contact Paris museum to 'update' his 'pebbly' wax figure as fans react with laughter

2023-10-24 03:25
The Rock says his team will contact the Grevin Museum after the Internet mercilessly mocked the waxwork model of the actor
Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson plans to contact Paris museum to 'update' his 'pebbly' wax figure as fans react with laughter

PARIS, FRANCE: Dwayne 'The Rock’ Johnson plans to correct his wax figure after it became the subject of viral mockery. The ‘Jungle Book’ star and famed wrestler was not impressed by his wax figure, which was unveiled at the Musee Grevin in Paris, France, on October 16, 2023.

How did Andre Jefferson, comedian, roast about ‘The Rock’ wax figure?

Johnson re-shared a video on his Instagram in which comedian James Andre Jefferson Jr. roasted the figure for its lack of resemblance to him.

“They turned The Rock into a pebble! It looks like The Rock has never seen the sun a day in his life,” the comedian said in the video about the ‘Black Adam’ star.

“You make the rock look like David Beckham. It looks like The Rock is going to be a part of the royal family. Did y’all even Google him?” Jefferson said in the video.

“Is this how y’all felt when you lost the Little Mermaid?” Jefferson added, joking.

Dwayne Johnson reacts to his wax figure

Dwayne agreed with the comedian and said he would contact the Museum to “update” his wax figure.

“For the record, I’m going to have my team reach out to our friends at Grevin Museum in Paris, France, so we can work at ‘updating’ my wax figure here with some important details and improvements.”

He added that the improvements will be “starting with my skin color. And next time I’m in Paris, I’ll stop in and have a drink with myself,” Johnson wrote.

The Museum has considered ‘The Rock’ request

In a statement by the Grevin Museum per Deadline, the Museum agreed with Johnson and said they would “remedy it as quickly as possible.”

They also added that they would “send him new photos once completed.”

“We are waiting for him when he will come to Paris and the Grevin Wax Museum to celebrate that with a cup of champagne,” they concluded.

How was the wax figure created?

The museum website revealed the process of making the statue of The Rock.

They had to find a man in the gym with the same body as The Rock and his “extraordinary measurements.”

They also struggled with his eyes, which had to be redone three times to avoid “too dark a tint making the star’s face too hard and erasing its warm aspect.”

The sculptor, Stéphane Barret, also expressed his excitement and challenge of creating a celebrity figure.

He said it was difficult to achieve his “very slight smile” and that he wanted the statue to “come alive from the visitors’ perspective.”

“What was a little harder for me was the sample photo that was chosen, where he just had a very slight smile on his face, an expression that’s quite difficult to achieve. It was very subtle.”

He added, “We worked on his face and eyes several times because the most complicated thing about realism is getting the statue to come alive from the visitors’ perspective.”

Tags news