Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'Outlander' star Sam Heughan tells Jimmy Fallon about various jobs he did before acting, fans are all ears

2023-10-19 20:19
'Sam Heughan is a warmhearted hardworking man of many talents,' said a fan
'Outlander' star Sam Heughan tells Jimmy Fallon about various jobs he did before acting, fans are all ears

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Sam Heughan, famed for his portrayal of Jamie Fraser in the popular series 'Outlander', candidly discussed the diverse jobs he undertook prior to his acting breakthrough while appearing on 'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' on Thursday, October 19.

The handsome Scottish actor revealed to Fallon that it wasn't an easy path to stardom.

When Hueghan initially started out, he had to work multiple jobs to support himself, such as delivering "sandwiches by bicycle, working in Harrods, selling women's clothing," among other professions.

This revelation has piqued the curiosity of fans, leaving them keen to delve deeper into the actor's backstory.

What did Sam Heughan do before becoming an actor?

On ‘The Tonight Show’, Sam Heughan began his narrative by saying, "Oh, boy. Where to start?"

Heughan said, "I delivered sandwiches by bicycle. I worked in Harrods. I sold women's clothing." Fallon was listening intently to the actor's story about selling women's apparel and said, "Oh, in Harrods!"

Later the 'Outlander' star paused his narration and described Harrods as "Posh, right?" and continued, "I sold perfume and I was a barman, as well, actually. In Scotland, I worked in an Irish bar."

Sam further explained his "barman job in an Irish bar in Scotland", saying, "I wore a flatcap and a very dodgy accent," admitting that he pretended to be Irish.

In an Irish accent he said, "Ah, to be sure," and further explained, "And I poured a terrible pint of Guinness, [he jokingly admitted 'that was his giveaway'] they had me."

Heughan's new book 'Clanlands in New Zealand: Kiwis, Kilts, and an Adventure Down Under' is set to be published on November 7, 2023.

Fans reaction to Sam Heughan's back story?

Fans of the 'Outlander' star took to social media to express their amusement and admiration for the actor.

"Sam Heughan is a warmhearted hardworking man of many talents," said one fan. "Thank you for this wonderful time with you and Sam! I can’t wait to taste Scottish Wild Gin and enjoy delicious cocktails! Bravo!" said another.

One fan commented, "Sam quickly became one of my favorites to watch because of Outlander, Seriously talented."

"Fabulous gin! Sam Heughan is such a lovely, kind soul. ️ He's a stellar actor, great humanitarian, & savvy businessman. I celebrate his successes & wish him all the best!" claimed another.

"Sam heughan is such a great guy ,and actor," noted a fan.

Tags news