Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Does Post Malone have a drug problem? Rapper says habitual use of mushrooms 'affected his short term memory'

2023-07-27 17:50
Even though he acknowledged that he 'like[d]' the mushrooms, he takes less of them since they 'affected my short term memory'
Does Post Malone have a drug problem? Rapper says habitual use of mushrooms 'affected his short term memory'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: In a recent interview with Zane Lowe for Apple Music, Post Malone, 28, opened up about his life as a father, his social anxiety, and accusations that he has taken heavy drugs.

In response to continued health worries, the "Better Now" rapper asserted that he had "never" used hard drugs and added, "I shouldn't really have to justify anything to anyone." He continued by saying that having children has altered his viewpoint on partying. The "Sunflower" singer remarked, "It's really slowed me down a lot, party wise, going out and being crazy."

'I have a hard time communicating with people..'

The highly inked rapper and his fiancée Jamie had a baby in May 2022. In other interviews, he has discussed the difficulties of being a well-known celebrity and having social anxiety. He said, "I have a hard time communicating with people," he admitted, seemingly saying he had difficulties introducing himself to others. "And I don't know, it's a really… Especially now. I was saying before, whenever I was a kid, I would walk, run around, and I'd be like, 'Hey'. I didn't really care. Now, I don't know why. It's a really interesting thing," he added.

He admitted to needing alcohol to help him compose music, even if he might not have used severe substances and believed his usage while not working was not an issue. He said, "I have a very hard time expressing myself via recording if I'm not a little f***ed up. It's a good spot now because if I'm not recording or I'm not talking to people or if I'm not doing shows, I really do drink just to have fun, It's having a beer with my dad or with my bud," as reported by DailyMail.

Mushrooms 'affected my short term memory'

Post also acknowledged using magic mushrooms. Outside of a few isolated cities, it is illegal to ingest psilocybin-producing mushrooms, although most of the US allows the use of other, less potent psychedelic mushrooms. Even though he acknowledged that he "like[d]" the mushrooms, he takes less of them since they "affected my short term memory." He said, "Maybe it was just a stint of habitual overuse. Daily."

Now, he is able to "just laugh and laugh and laugh" after eating a square of psilocybin-containing chocolate. The hitmaker said that the drug had been a massive help to one of his "ranger buddies," who battles PTSD. Malone, while being relatively young, has made a reputation for himself in the music industry since 2011.

From the moment his debut full-length album 'Stoney' released in 2016 when the single "Congratulations" received Diamond certification, he has broken Billboard records. The rapper has become one of the most successful musicians of all time, ten years after breaking into the music industry, as per reports.

Post's mental health suffered as a result of his popularity

However, Post Malone's mental health suffered as a result of the artist's popularity. Even while he said in the Apple Music interview that he had never used heavy drugs, he has previously been open about his battles with drinking. Post noted, "I just want to take a second and enjoy it."

Tags news epcelebs