Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

When PewDiePie mocked deaf content creator Scarlet May on 'My Dog Cringes at TikTok'

2023-05-24 13:58
YouTuber PewDiePie faced intense criticism on social media for making fun of a deaf TikToker
When PewDiePie mocked deaf content creator Scarlet May on 'My Dog Cringes at TikTok'

YouTuber PewDiePie faced intense criticism on social media for reportedly making fun of a deaf TikToker in his video. Since then, individuals have tried to have the inventor removed from Twitter and have mercilessly criticized him for being an ableist.

PewDiePie reviewed TikTok creator Scarlet May's video with numerous videos during an episode of 'My Dog Cringes at TikTok'. The 22-year-old influencer is seen narrating an amusing incident at a fast food drive-thru in the video. With her long silver acrylic nails, she can be seen utilizing sign language to describe the event.

RELATED ARTICLES

PewDiePie and Pokimane reveal their favorite anime of all time

Adin Ross: Here's what we know about Kick star's diamond jewelry worth $5.2M

‘She has your crazy nails, Maya’

PewDiePie interrupts the video while it's playing and says, “I'm not listening to this. Look, she has your crazy nails, Maya!”

According to Sportskeeda, he continues by holding his dog's paws in both hands and waving them about, seemingly making fun of the American sign language used by TikToker. And he adds, “Sorry, are my nails distracting you guys?”

Without a doubt, PewDiePie received a ton of criticism for the video and has now taken down the scene in which he responds to Scarlet May. His admirers had already screen-recorded the footage and shared it on social media, despite his attempts to cover up his misconduct.

Who is Scarlet May?

Scarlet May, a 22-year-old creator who was born on January 6, 2001, has more than 6.2 million TikTok followers. Her fans adore her ‘story time’ videos, which frequently display her exquisite manicures.

TikToker is most well-known for uploading films that combine spoken English with American sign language.

Early in 2020, the Rockford, Illinois, native opened her account. She may be seen in one of her most well-known videos doing the Renegade dance to Lottery by K Camp. She has greatly benefited from the popularity of her Deaf Kardashians series on her page.

‘Honest mistake, my bad’

He removed the offending segment from his YouTube video and apologized after receiving backlash for making fun of a deaf TikToker online. He claimed that he was unaware that the girl was deaf and had just made fun of her long nails.

“Hey, just to clear a few things up: I edited out the clip with the girl that has the long nails. Had no clue she was deaf, but kinda dumb of me to not realize. Still watching through the clip, I only poked fun of her long nails. The voice I did for my dog is the same voice I've given her for years. (edit: ..and making my dog's paws move was poking at people always dancing or doing some move on TikTok, which is an ongoing theme in the whole video). Anyway, honest mistake, my bad,” PewDiePie said in an apology.

In the meanwhile, Scarlet May reacted to PewDiePie's critique of her prior clip on TikTok. She expressed that while she was unsurprised, she found the YouTuber's footage to be strange and too needless while narrating in sign language.

Tags news