Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

MrBeast faces criticism from activists for building 100 water wells in Africa, fans say 'he’s doing more than local governments'

2023-11-09 13:58
YouTube personality MrBeast faced criticism from some activists for his project to build 100 water wells in Africa
MrBeast faces criticism from activists for building 100 water wells in Africa, fans say 'he’s doing more than local governments'

GREENVILLE, NORTH CAROLINA: MrBeast, the renowned YouTube personality, recently faced criticism from certain activists who expressed opposition to his recent charitable project involving the construction of 100 water wells in Africa, in a recent video.

MrBeast revealed that he dedicated 8 months to preparing for this endeavor in a recent tweet.

While MrBeast's philanthropic initiatives are lauded for their immense scope and the substantial donations he makes, some critics remain skeptical and tend to downplay their significance.

MrBeast under fire from activists for building 100 wells in Africa

MrBeast recently published his video titled 'I Built 100 Wells in Africa,' which swiftly amassed a staggering 71 million views within just four days of its release, with the view count still increasing.

The video has been met with widespread acclaim from his numerous fans on social media.

However, not everyone welcomed MrBeast's ambitious philanthropic project of constructing a substantial number of water wells throughout Africa.

In a recent tweet, the user @ColinRugg on 'X,' shared his perspective on the controversies surrounding the activists' viewpoint regarding MrBeast's recent charitable endeavor.

In his tweet, Rugg wrote, "REPORT: Activists are upset at YouTuber Mr. Beast for building 100 wells across Africa that provided clean drinking water to its citizens. Although the wells provide clean water to half a million Africans, activists are upset with Mr. Beast because they're annoyed a white male was the one who solved the problem."

Rugg introduced the issue of ethnicity into the discussion, quoting Saran Kaba Jones, the founder of FACE Africa, he wrote, "I’ve been doing this for 15 years, but we’ve been struggling to continue the work because funding, awareness, and advocacy all take work," said the founder of FACE Africa Saran Kaba Jones.

"Overnight, this person comes along, who happens to be a white male figure with a huge platform, and all of a sudden, he gets all of the attention. It’s kind of frustrating, but it’s also understanding the nature of how the world is," she said before giving him a weak 'thank you.'"

He further elaborated on his perspective, "Others were upset that Mr. Beast "highlighted" the failures of the Kenyan government that maintained the stereotype that Africa is "dependent on handouts… and philanthropic intervention."

MrBeast predicted the backlash, saying he he knows he is going to get "canceled" but he doesn't care.

"I already know I'm gonna get canceled because I uploaded a video helping people, and to be 100% clear, I don't care." Clean drinking water is racist."

Fans say Mrbeast is doing more work than local governments

In the wake of the criticism directed at MrBeast for his initiative to construct 100 wells in Africa, numerous individuals have stepped forward to share their perspectives.

One user wrote, "He’s doing more than local governments do for their own constituents."

Another user wrote, "It's astounding that 100 villages in Africa still lack access to a well. They have all received vaccinations from the Bill Gates Foundation for several years, but they need water. Much Respect for Mr. Beast!"

A user wrote, "He just proved All these NGO never want to solve the problems, but prolong the problem for more funding."

Tags news