Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Instagram Threads: Here's a look at the first celeb posts on new 'Twitter-killer' app

2023-07-06 20:55
Celebrities such as Gordon Ramsay, Shakira, Tom Brady, Zooey Deschanel, Karlie Kloss and Dylan Efron are early adopters of the new Meta app
Instagram Threads: Here's a look at the first celeb posts on new 'Twitter-killer' app

MENLO PARK, CALIFORNIA: Meta, which owns Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp, has launched another app, called Threads, with a familiar design in an attempt to capitalize on the resentment of dissatisfied users on the Elon Musk-owned Twitter looking for a viable alternative. Altogether 10 million people have signed up for Threads, Meta's long-awaited Twitter competitor, in the first few hours of its launch. Experts have called the new Meta app a "Twitter-killer." It launched on Wednesday, July 5, a day before its official release date.

Threads seems primed to confront Twitter in a way that competitors Mastodon and Bluesky were not able to. Like Twitter, Threads is also primarily intended to be a platform for sharing real-time updates. Celebrities such as Karlie Kloss, Dylan Efron, Tom Brady and Meta owner, Mark Zuckerberg, have all already posted their first Threads.

Also Read: What is Narcan? Madonna had to be 'brought back from the dead' using injection, sources claim

Celebs' first posts on Instagram Threads

Among the early adopters are Netflix and Star Wars accounts, celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay and singer Shakira, actor Zac Efron and F1 driver Lando Norris, NBA star Seth Curry, and Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg himself. Formula 1 drivers Oscar Piastri and Lando Norris, have been granted early access. Norris chose to share a video of himself on Threads with the message, "Waiting for my friends to join me." American fashion model Karlie Kloss simply wrote, "HELLO THREADS," to which several other celeb Threads users replied. Actor Zac Efron's brother, Dylan Efron, also an actor, shared his first post on Threads with his pet dog and wrote, "Booey jumped into the shower with me last night he was so scared… This video makes more sense now 🎆🇺🇸." Model Ashley Graham also posted her first Threads post, saying "Hello threads!!! Excited to be here 🎉🫶🏼"

Television host Bobby Berk also posted his first Threads post and wrote, "Started my day off with some positive affirmations! My chosen intention today is to NOTICE. Notice how other people are feeling today. Notice the little things that bring me joy. Notice how I’m feeling and what I need xx💗🫶" Actress Zooey Deschanel also posted her first post on Threads with a picture of herself on a hammock, quipping: "Falling for Threads like I’m falling off this hammock."

Also Read: Coco Lee's haunting final post leaves fans in tears as they mourn her death after suicide attempt

Also Read: When did Johnny Depp and Amber Heard's defamation trial end? Source claims actor has 'closed the chapter' amid career revival

Several celebs have embraced Threads

As per Daily Mail, other celebs giving Threads a try are footballer Kingsley Coman, 5x Christmas #1 creators LadBaby, MMA heavyweight champion Francis Ngannou, podcaster Steven Bartlett, investor and business guru Gary Vee, NBA star Seth Curry, and comedian Adam Waheed who have all posted on the new app.

More from MEAWW

Mark Zuckerberg tweets for first time in 11 years after Instagram Threads launch, Internet responds with memefest

Why did Beyonce cancel the Pittsburgh stop of Renaissance Tour? Disappointed fans demand an apology from singer

Tags news epcelebs