Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'This looks like AI': Internet confused as Lil Tay releases music video a month after death hoax controversy

2023-10-01 19:25
Lil Tay has made a comeback a month after the news of her alleged death was posted on her Instagram account
'This looks like AI': Internet confused as Lil Tay releases music video a month after death hoax controversy

BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA: Lil Tay has staged a comeback, unveiling a new music video that comes a month after her family announced her supposed demise in a now-deleted Instagram post.

The 14-year-old rapper, known by her real name Claire Hope, presents her latest track, ‘Sucker 4 Green’, in the visually striking video.

Who is Lil Tay’s mother?

Lil Tay’s mother Angela Tian, and her older brother, Jason Tian, all seated together in one of the opulent luxury cars, joined her in a noteworthy moment within the video.

The footage features Lil Tay, adorned in a coordinated yellow ensemble, confidently parading in front of an array of luxurious cars—a reminiscent nod to her earlier TikTok videos where she gained fame for showcasing extravagant car purchases at a young age.

The scenes shift to depict her singing in an opulent mansion, donning an orange crop top and short shorts.

During the chorus, she engages in synchronized dance moves with other elegantly suited dancers, incorporating the iconic money-sliding gesture.

'Lil Tay is back'

The official press release from Lil Tay's representatives boldly declares, "Lil Tay is back, not only to social media but with a big single and music video."

In addition to the music video release, her representatives issued a statement providing insights into the rapper's recent activities, including a video on Instagram Live where Lil Tay directly communicated with her fans.

“I’m back. I'm exposing everyone. I’ve been waiting for this moment for years, studying my own craft and perfecting it along the way,” she said.

“This video and song are only glimpses into the world I’ve been building. What and who I am are in the title of the song. Get with it or GTFO,” she added.

Reflecting on her hiatus from social media, Lil Tay revealed she dedicated her time to acquiring new skills. Specifically, she invested her efforts in learning to "write, sing, play multiple instruments, and dance.”

Lil Tay teased her audience by sharing a snippet from her latest music video on Instagram, writing, "IM BACK🔥IM BACK ☺️IM BACK😜LINK IN MY BIO‼️ YALL B—-- THOUGHT THE SHOW WAS OVER😩SUCKER 4 GREEN OUT NOW!!!”

How did Lil Tay become famous?

In 2018, at the tender age of 9, Lil Tay catapulted to fame through attention-grabbing Instagram videos. The clips featured her rapping, energetically uttering expletives, and flaunting a lifestyle of opulence.

Despite her rapid ascent, Lil Tay abruptly vanished from the online scene not long after, taking down her Instagram account and leaving behind the millions of fans who had flocked to her on the platform.

Internet baffled by Lil Tay's comeback

Tay's comeback was met with mixed reactions. One Instagram user wrote, "At least she’s really alive that’s all that matters."

Another said, "Ngl she played all of us," while someone hilariously commented, "Here I am thinking shawty gone and she comes back as Dua Lipa."

One user who couldn't believe her comeback wrote, "Looks like a AI , Asia you got some splaning to do."

Tags news