Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Dixie D'Amelio OK? TikTok star shares experience of fear during her first seizure since 2017

2023-10-19 18:18
Dixie D'Amelio said, 'I just felt like there was something wrong with my body, I thought I was shutting down'
Is Dixie D'Amelio OK? TikTok star shares experience of fear during her first seizure since 2017

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: In a candid revelation, TikTok sensation Dixie D'Amelio has shared her harrowing experience of a seizure, marking her first such incident since 2017.

During the season 3 finale of 'The D'Amelio Show,' which premiered on Wednesday, October 18, Dixie, 21, expressed her deep sense of fear during the episode.

Dixie D'Amelio shares her scary seizure experience

Dixie recounted the alarming moment, saying, "I was driving to go film and I feel my chest getting really heavy. I just felt like there was something wrong with my body. I thought I was shutting down."

The TikTok star went on to explain that in high school, she had received a diagnosis of Psychogenic Nonepileptic Seizures (PNES), which are described as "a physical symptom of anxiety" by the Epilepsy Foundation.

PNES attacks, although resembling epileptic seizures, are not triggered by abnormal brain electrical discharges but instead manifest as a result of psychological distress.

The episode showed the raw and emotional moments following Dixie's seizure. Greg Goodfried, the president of D'Amelio Family, LLC, could be seen urgently speaking with Dixie's father, Marc D'Amelio, over the phone.

"We were down the street; we were about to shoot a scene with Dixie, and she’s had one of her seizures or something. She’s on the ground," Greg explained. "She looks like she’s in another planet, she’s not speaking. So, Hulu immediately called an ambulance."

As paramedics arrived on the scene, Dixie was visibly shaken, apologizing to her parents. Her seizure occurred just hours before the family was slated to host an event celebrating the D'Amelio Footwear Launch.

“I just got a call that Dixie had a seizure right down the street from our office. … It’s heart-wrenching and terrifying,” Marc, 54, recalled. “It’s not the first time she’s had a seizure, but I don’t think a parent could ever get used to that phone call. I’ve seen it and it’s scary so I’m thinking the worst.”

Marc D'Amelio, her father, explained that their previous experiences had prepared them to react with a degree of understanding.

"Because we've been through this before," Marc elucidated, "we know the scare was caused by Dixie’s PNES and can rule out epilepsy right off the bat."

However, when Dixie was promptly transported to the hospital following her seizure, medical professionals felt compelled to conduct a thorough examination to ensure her well-being.

During her hospital visit, Dixie underwent a battery of tests, with the medical team looking into the possibility of epilepsy. Fortunately, after careful evaluation, Dixie opted to be discharged, leaving the hospital with her family's support.

Charli D'Amelio's concern towards her sister Dixie

While Charli D'Amelio was not physically present during her sister Dixie's medical emergency, her unwavering concern for her sister was palpable.

The episode of 'The D'Amelio Show' showcased the sisters' bond and Charli's role as a supportive sibling.

Charli, 19, shared insights into the events leading up to Dixie's seizure. She recounted how Dixie had been feeling unwell and requested a Red Bull when she was driving her to the hospital.

During their journey, Dixie's condition deteriorated to the point where they had to call for an ambulance. Charli's poignant recollection underscored the seriousness of the situation.

Despite the medical emergency, Dixie, 21, demonstrated her incredible determination and commitment to her career. She explained that her seizure had been triggered by a combination of factors, including "lack of sleep, dehydration, caffeine — it was a perfect storm."

Even while Dixie was in the hospital, Charli noticed that her sister had been actively posting updates on Snapchat. Charli voiced her concern, saying, "She doesn't care. I feel like it's a little scary."

Dixie, in a confessional, expressed the importance of the event and her commitment to it, noting, "This shoe launch is very important. Building up to this for six months, it's a very big deal. I don't think there's anything that could get me to miss this party. I could be on the road, flopping like a fish, and I will still be there."

Tags news