Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Is Shania Twain OK? Singer slips and falls on stage during Illinois concert while wearing high-heeled boots

2023-07-03 15:18
Shania Twain, known for her love for high heels, performed at the Credit Union 1 Amphitheater in Tinley Park as part of her Queen Of Me Tour
Is Shania Twain OK? Singer slips and falls on stage during Illinois concert while wearing high-heeled boots

TINLEY PARK, ILLINOIS: Shania Twain, a five-time Grammy winner, fell on a slippery stage during her packed performance on Saturday, July 1, at the Credit Union 1 Amphitheater in Tinley Park, Illinois. During the show, the 57-year-old Canadian vocalist was sporting a pair of dazzling silver thigh-high boots while singing her 1997 hit 'Don't Be Stupid (You Know I Love You).'

Twain is known for her love of killer heels and never misses an opportunity to sport them. The "Queen of Country Pop" even bought a 7.5 size pair solely because she "loves them so much." "I saw the boot, and I'm like 'Oh, these are going to be, like, over-the-top expensive.' But they were on sale. So I say to the clerk, 'Do you have a 6.5?' She goes, 'No, this is the last pair'," Shania admitted in her June 17 TikTok video, adding, "So I don't know if squeezing your foot into a smaller boot is a great idea, but anyway I wear them too big just because I love them so much!"

Also Read: Who was Jeffrey Sutphin? Remains of missing amputee found stuffed in barrel floating in South Carolina lake

@shaniatwain

I got the last pair of these boots and fun fact they’re actually a size too big for me BUT they were on sale and I absolutely had to have them!! Side note - There’s only one bed these boots have been under 😂

♬ Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under? - Shania Twain

What happened to Shania Twain at the Illinois concert?

Twain, whose birth name is Eilleen Edwards, was walking across the stage when her right foot skidded, leading to her falling on the stage during the third song of her concert. The singer, however, continued singing as she stood up and cautiously checked the surface of the slick area where she had fallen. It seems like she was totally fine even though the fall looked harsh. Witnesses said that Twain carried on with the event and that "the packed crowd did not react when she took her spill," as per TMZ.

'Totally bounced back like a champ'

Also Read: Lindsay Lohan wants to have 'three or four' children as her first pregnancy has been 'smooth and amazing'

The 57-year-old singer is now on her Queen Of Me Tour, with the next stop on July 3 in Bethel, New York, and she should definitely be mindful of the slippery stage next time. The Internet reacted quickly, with some fans praising the artist for not stopping singing while others shared their own experiences with slick surfaces. A fan tweeted, "Poor Shania! It happens to the best of us. Sometimes I fall while walking through the mall." A second fan stated, "She rocked her fall and totally bounced back like a champ." One brought up the recent incident between Kelsea Ballerini and a fan who hurled something at her on stage and wrote, "you are such a pro!! Of course you would laugh about it maybe there was something spilled on the stage cause she was trying to wipe it away with her boot after! Hope noone THREW anything like what we have been seeing lately." "She's getting old. Be careful Twain. All it takes is a hip break...," remarked a user pointing out her age and the problems she might face. "She sounds terrible Guess she can't walk either," quipped one.

Also Read: Who was Marvin Alexan Fernandez Chicas? GoFundMe for hero dad who drowned saving 2 children raises over $34K

More from MEAWW

Will Jake Paul fight Tommy Fury? Champ challenges 'problem child' to boxing match after KSI declines offer: 'I'll knock your spark out'

Andrew Tate rebuffs 'Love Island' star Malin Andersson's 'nasty' claims, Tristan Tate calls her 'obsessed'

Tags news epcelebs