Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Julia Louis-Dreyfus says she was 'terrified' after breast cancer diagnosis as actress recalls her health struggles

2023-10-08 09:56
Julia Louis-Dreyfus said feels lucky that she had her family to support her during the difficult times in 2017
Julia Louis-Dreyfus says she was 'terrified' after breast cancer diagnosis as actress recalls her health struggles

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Julia Louis-Dreyfus talked about the time when she was diagnosed with breast cancer.

The ‘You People’ actress said, "I started laughing. Well, because the night before, I had won an Emmy. And so, I came downstairs and … the Emmy was there. It was like on the dining room table. I'm coming down to get coffee. My cell phone rings, and it's my doctor saying, 'Guess what, you have cancer.'"

Louis-Dreyfus continued, "And I'm like, 'Huh? What?' And so, it was a very bizarre juxtaposition. And, of course, I did laugh, and then I became hysterical, crying, because I was terrified, as most people are, or as all people are if they get a diagnosis like that."

What role her family played during her cancer diagnosis?

The 62-year-old said feels lucky that she had her family to support her during the difficult times in 2017. "I have a very strong and supportive family, and for which I am eternally grateful, upon whom I relied — sisters, husband, my sons, my mother, my mothers, my stepmother, everybody," she said.

"I was deeply terrified because who wouldn't be? I mean, all the tropes are true. You know, you get that call and it's like, 'What, me? No, no, no.' I mean, you can't imagine that something like that would happen to you," she added, according to People.

'Veeps' star Julia Louis-Dreyfus feels glad to be alive

"I'm just so happy to be here, you know. I think I'm enjoying things more," Louis-Dreyfus said during the 2023 New Yorker Festival on Friday, October 6.

"I think I work hard now to try not to allow my stress to enter my body if I can do it. That’s a difficult nut to crack, you know, for sure, because we're all stressed. But it does have an impact," she added.

"I'm not saying I got cancer from stress, necessarily, but it's not good for you. And it's also not a happy place to live in," she said, adding, "So, I'm just very focused on … trying to enjoy my life as much as possible."

Louis-Dreyfus also talked about stress angle and said, "I'm not saying I got cancer from stress, necessarily, but it's not good for you. And it's also not a happy place to live in."

She added, "So, I'm just very focused on … trying to enjoy my life as much as possible."

On ageing, the star reflected, "As you age, you just get deeper rooted. You get to know yourself and and your world and the world, I hope, better than you knew it when you were 17."

Tags news