Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

'I don’t give a f**k': Mark Wahlberg and Martin Scorsese butted heads on the set of 'The Departed'

2023-05-27 18:27
Mark Wahlberg not only clashed with Scorsese, but also developed some resentment toward his cast mates including Leonardo DiCaprio and Jack Nicholson
'I don’t give a f**k': Mark Wahlberg and Martin Scorsese butted heads on the set of 'The Departed'

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: In 2006, Martin Scorsese and Mark Wahlberg collaborated on the critically acclaimed movie 'The Departed'. Although the film received high marks from reviewers, the production of the movie, which had A-listers like Leonardo DiCaprio, Jack Nicolson and Matt Damon among others, was far from smooth sailing.

Though Wahlberg's performance in the film became one of his most well-regarded ones, it is common knowledge that the actor's originally refused to participate in Scorsese's critically praised film. Since his representative at the time expected that the actor would be open to working with the legendary director, Wahlberg had to directly decline Scorsese's offer since he felt he wasn't a suitable match for the role. Even after he joined the project, it wasn't always fun for Wahlberg and he clashed with the 'Taxi Driver' director many times.

READ MORE

'Faith is everything': Devout Catholic Mark Wahlberg says faith is 'not popular' in Hollywood but he won't deny his

Does Jack Nicholson have dementia? Rumors resurface after new pics emerge

Wahlberg recounted one of the clashes during an interview with The Telegraph in 2007, where Scorsese became irritated with the actor because he wouldn't trim his hair. The actor had been scheduled for a few weeks of filming, and was growing his hair for his next venture, 'Invincible'.

'You've got to cut your f*cking hair'

However, as the shooting schedule of Scorsese’s movie was changed to four months, the actor could not cut his hairs which made the filmmaker p*ssed off. “He was like, ‘You’ve got to cut your f*cking hair,’ and I was, ‘I don’t give a f*ck,’” recalled actor.

Wahlberg not only butted heads with Scorsese, but also developed some resentment toward his cast mates, but mostly because of the impact of his role, as reported by Showbizcheatsheet.

'I was mad at everybody'

"The whole time, I was in the character, so I was mad at everybody. It was Leo, Matt, and Jack. F*** Jack, too," muttered Wahlberg.

However, despite the tense working condition, Wahlberg was quite excited to return to the world of 'The Departed'. He even spoke with Bill Monahan, the movie's screenwriter, and invited him to the studio to propose a second movie, as per reports.

Wahlberg told KFC Radio, "Let's just say the pitch didn't go very well; he didn't really have anything fleshed out, but he's the kind of guy who you just trust to go and write something. And so when we were working on the script for Cocaine Cowboys and American Desperado, I said, 'Bill, just go write,'" as reported by Showbizcheatshit.

Monahan and Wahlberg hoped that Monahan's filmography would persuade the company to approve their request for a sequel. However, the studio opted not to proceed since there were no firm plans in place.