Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

What is Calciphylaxis? Lexi Reed shares before-and-after photos of weight loss after battling rare disease

2023-10-14 06:16
'You may see the scars, but I see a warrior finding grace in the wounds that once were and creating a new life,' said Lexi Reed
What is Calciphylaxis? Lexi Reed shares before-and-after photos of weight loss after battling rare disease

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Lexi Reed is optimistic about her life after a rare and serious health complication threatened not only her fitness journey, but also her life.

Terming it as "healing" post, the influencer shared before-and-after photos of her weight loss on Instagram, disclosing the scars she bears after her struggle with calciphylaxis.

“My name is Lexi and last year, I was diagnosed with a rare disease called Calciphylaxis that left me with more than 30+ open wounds, excruciating pain, and fighting for my life along the way just to survive,” Reed, 32, wrote according to People.

How serious is Calciphylaxis?

According to Cleveland Clinic, Calciphylaxis is a rare and serious condition where calcium builds up in blood vessels and blocks blood flow to the skin. it can result to potentially deadly infections and is "very painful."

When was Lexi Reed diagnosed with the disease?

After suffering from severe kidney failure, Reed was diagnosed with the condition which unfortunately landed her in a medically induced coma.

She underwent 59 weeks of treatment for the rare disorder, after being diagnosed with calciphylaxis.

The Mayo Clinic mentions, “Typically, the outlook for people with calciphylaxis isn't hopeful.” However, this past summer, Reed said she was in remission from the disease, and even started returning to the gym to continue her fitness journey.

“From infusions and not completely healed to remission + from just trying to survive daily despite weight to being able to focus on my health again (relost 65lbs)! You may see the scars, but I see battle wounds from a time I feared every day may be my last,” Reed wrote on Instagram.

“You may see the scars, but I see a reminder of the hell that I went through and a reminder that I came out on the other side through the blood, sweat & tears,” she continued, adding “You may see the scars, but I see a warrior finding grace in the wounds that once were & creating a new life."

“Our struggles are part of our story and I'm so thankful for every scar that shows how hard I fought to still be here today. Love yourself for every battle scar & speak kindly to yourself because you're always listening!,” Reed ended the caption.

How did Lexi Reed become famous?

Reed skyrocketed to popularity after documenting her weight loss journey online which led to her and her husband Danny losing a total of 395 lbs in two years.

Her husband is by her side again, with Reed sharing that he “came to cheer me on” while she finished working out on the treadmill.

Reed wrote in a selfie she shared of the couple at the gym in September, “Excited to see where we'll end up at the end [of] 2023 as we take it day by day, step by step & just trust the process. We're not where we want to be but we're not where we used to be! The time is gonna pass anyway - start today!”

Tags news