Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

How did Keith Jefferson die? Jamie Foxx pays heartbreaking tribute to his 'Django Unchained' co-star who died at 53

2023-10-06 05:46
'We will all miss you dearly. It’s gonna take a long time for this to heal. Goodbye, my friend,' said Jamie Foxx referring to Keith Jefferson
How did Keith Jefferson die? Jamie Foxx pays heartbreaking tribute to his 'Django Unchained' co-star who died at 53

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Jamie Foxx took to Instagram on Thursday, October 5, to share the news of his friend Keith Jefferson's death. The 53-year-old man died from cancer, according to Mirror.

"We will all miss you dearly. It’s gonna take a long time for this to heal. Goodbye, my friend. I love you," said Foxx after he shared that "this one hurts."

Who was Keith Jefferson?

Jefferson was an actor, acting coach, producer, and voiceover artist, according to his personal website.

His IMDb shows his work with Foxx dated back in 1998 when he made his appearance in the sitcom 'The Jamie Foxx Show' for two episodes.

Apart from Quentin Tarantino's 2012 movie 'Django Unchained,' he is also credited with roles in Foxx's 2022 movie 'Day Shift' and his new film 'The Burial'.

Jefferson has also worked with Tarantino in the 2015 film 'The Hateful Eight' and 2019 'Once Upon a Time in Hollywood'.

Jamie Foxx mourns the loss of Keith Jefferson whom he knew since college

Expressing his love for his longtime friend, Foxx wrote, "Keith, you’ve been nothing but absolute grace, your whole life your heart is pure your love is immeasurable you were an amazing soul."

In another post, the 55-year-old actor wrote, "Everything hurts right now having a hard time looking through these pictures reliving the memories of us having a great time going to miss you man gonna miss you."

"Since we met back in college, you have been in incredible soul God rest, never thought I would have to see the words about my friend RIP @keith.jefferson Keith," he added.

On August 9, Jefferson announced he had been diagnosed with cancer.

Foxx took to Instagram on August 30 seeking his fans to pray for Jefferson as he wrote, "I met Keith in college we have a deep friendship and kinship. I’m asking everybody for prayers. Asking god to heal his body and mind… devil you a lie. @keith.jefferson continue to fight because you are blessed. I love u."

Sharing a trailer for the film 'The Burial' on his Instagram in August, Jefferson wrote, "It’s finally here and what a blessing it was to work on this film with an amazing group of actors. Foxx and Tommy Lee Jones along with an all-star cast and my most important role to date."

"J Foxx…you already know. For you to take the time to spend with me every day every hour tells me everything I already know," Jefferson said of Foxx's support.

"You are my family and I wouldn’t have it no other way. Luv you bro. I will pull through because my faith is strong and with God on my side I won’t worry," he wrote at the time.

Tags news