Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Belittle by Belittle: Noel Gallagher calls rival sibling Liam Gallagher the 'tambourine player' in Oasis

2023-08-04 18:47
Noel Gallagher has belittled his brother's role in Oasis and called him a "loose cannon".
Belittle by Belittle: Noel Gallagher calls rival sibling Liam Gallagher the 'tambourine player' in Oasis

Noel Gallagher has referred to his rival brother Liam Gallagher as the "tambourine player" in Oasis.

The siblings have been at war ever since the legendary Britpop group parted ways following a backstage bust-up between guitarist Noel, 56, and frontman Liam, 50, at their final concert in Paris in 2009.

Noel was discussing the fact he never gets "nervous" before a show" when he said, "loose cannon" Liam - who still uses a tambourine and maracas during his solo sets - would make the shows unpredictable whilst belittling his role in the 'Little by Little' band.

Asked on Radio X if he has had stage fright, Noel replied: “Never, and it really f****** annoys people as well.

“Towards the end of Oasis, you were always stepping into the unknown because the tambourine player was a bit of a loose cannon and it was like, ‘Well is this gig gonna finish?’

“Now you put a band together and all the people around you, you know, it’s cool. I don’t get nervous at all.”

The 'Wonderwall' songwriter also mocked groups who huddle-up as a pre-show ritual.

He said: “Even in the early days with Oasis, we used to see bands at festivals go into a huddle before the gig and we’d be like, ‘What do you think they’re f****** saying to each other?’

“‘Right lads, you go to keep tight at the back, make sure you go forward as a unit, defend as a unit, give it your best, play to the whistle?’ I mean, what are you f****** saying? I’ve seen thousands of bands do it, I wouldn’t know what to say.”

Meanwhile, Damon Albarn recently said he's convinced Oasis are on the verge of a huge comeback with reunion shows and a new album.

The Blur frontman previously joked he'd "put money" on his former Britpop rivals getting back together, and now he's insisted the "road is clear" for warring siblings Liam and Noel to put their bad blood behind them and bring the band back for a massive money-spinning comeback.

Damon told Consequence: "Well, of course they were gonna [reunite]. The road is clear for them to do that now. I think that’s great. You know what I mean? Obviously I expect an excellent new record to accompany it."

It comes after Damon previously told The Sun newspaper: "I can guarantee they’re going to reform. In fact, I’ve put money on it."

Damon and his Blur bandmates have reunited every few years and have been back on tour over the summer.

Liam regularly says he's in favour of getting the band back on the road and blamed Noel for refusing.

However, Noel recently insisted it's up to his brother to make peace - even calling him a "coward" and insisting he'll never make the call to reunite Oasis.

Speaking on talkSPORT radio, Noel explained: "Well, I put it out there. [Liam] won’t call … I mean, he should call me, because he’s like, he’s forever going on about it. You’d have thought by now, he’d have some kind of plan.

"He doesn’t have to speak to me. He won’t speak to me, he’s a coward. So he should get some of his people, his agent, to call my people and say: ‘Look, this is what we’re thinking.’ And then we’ll have a conversation about it. Until then, he’s being a little bit disingenuous."

However, Liam later responded to Noel's comments in a post on Twitter, ranting: "He’s full of s*** he HATES Oasis fans [but] doesn’t mind them buying his records."