Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Did Lizzo predict lawsuit against her? 'Rumors' lyrics resurface as singer is sued by her former dancers

2023-08-03 19:58
The 35-year-old rapper has been accused of sexual harassment and creating an 'overtly sexual' work environment
Did Lizzo predict lawsuit against her? 'Rumors' lyrics resurface as singer is sued by her former dancers

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Lizzo has currently been trending but for all the wrong reasons. Three of her ex-dancers have sued her, alleging that she sexually harassed them and also contributed to an "overtly sexual" work environment. Arianna Davis, Crystal Williams, and Noelle Rodriguez reportedly filed the lawsuit on Tuesday, August 1, against the Grammy-winner as well as her company, Big Grrrl Big Touring, and dance team captain Shirlene Quigley.

Ron Zambrano, the attorney for the dancers, reportedly said, “The stunning nature of how Lizzo and her management team treated their performers seems to go against everything Lizzo stands for publicly, while privately she weight-shames her dancers and demeans them in ways that are not only illegal but absolutely demoralizing.”

Though any statement or response from the 35-year-old rapper has not come yet, there have been speculations that she predicted the suit two years ago.

Was Lizzo aware of lawsuit?

Amid the controversy, the ‘About Damn Time’ singer’s 2021 creation ‘Rumors’ have begun doing rounds. The Daily Mail reported that some parts of the lyrics are as follows, “Had to cut some h**s loose, yeah/ NDA, no loose lips/ Now them h**s tryna sue me/ B***h I don’t give two s***s/ All the rumors are true, yeah.”

Many people took to Twitter to express their views over the song as a user tweeted, “She self-reported damn 😭.” Another user shared, “lmao she really set herself up.” The third one said, “People tell you who they are. Most Americans are too blinded by partisanship to see the ugliness on 'their' side.” “Lock her away,” the fourth user remarked.

"She is quilty. No more needs to be said right. This is what people would do if this was a man in the situation. Keep the same energy people," a tweet read. Another tweet added, "Now Lizzo’s 'all the rumors are true' song makes SO much sense 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫."

‘Big shoutout to the dancers’

Meanwhile, another former dancer of Lizzo, Courtney Hollinquest, has come forward after the news of the suit was out. Hollinquest reportedly said, “For clarification, I’m not a part of the lawsuit – but this was very much my experience in my time there. Big shoutout to the dancers who had the courage to bring this to light.”

Besides, the singer’s ex-creative director, Quinn Whitney Wilson, stated, “I haven’t been a part of that world for around three years, for a reason. I very much applaud the dancers' courage to bring this to light. and I grieve parts of my own experience. I’d appreciate space to understand my feelings.”

Tags news