Yeyep is Your Go-to Source for All the Latest Entertainment News, from Movies and TV Shows to Music and Fashion.
⎯ 《 Yeyep • Com 》

Dixie D’Amelio reveals how she deals with 'extreme anxiety' and 'crazy symptoms' amid battle with PMDD

2023-09-23 04:50
'I’m feeling better now and I will probably be going through the same thing next month and the month after that,' said Dixie D’Amelio
Dixie D’Amelio reveals how she deals with 'extreme anxiety' and 'crazy symptoms' amid battle with PMDD

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA: Dixie D’Amelio is spilling beans on her struggle with premenstrual dysmorphic disorder (PMDD) and how it has affected her mental health and relationships in general.

Talking at the premiere of her ‘The D’Amelio Show’ which will be streamed on Hulu, the TikTok star said every month she had to take a break from work due to ‘crazy’ symptoms.

“People are going to be like, ‘Oh my God, everybody gets that.’ Like, no,” said D’Amelio.

“I didn’t know that you weren’t supposed to want to die every month before you got your period. It’s not supposed to affect every single aspect in your life from sleep to anxiety.”

What is premenstrual dysmorphic disorder (PMDD)?

As per the Mayo Clinic, PMDD is referred to as a condition where “a severe, sometimes disabling extension of premenstrual syndrome (PMS) causes extreme mood shifts that can disrupt daily life and damage relationships.”

The 22-year-old first opened up about her condition in October 2022. She star expressed that her symptoms also make her feel, “losing the will to live, irritability and anger.”

Dixie D’Amelio reveals how her condition affected her relationship with sister Charlie

Dixie emphasized that her condition has made it hard on her relationship with her sister Charli D’Amelio.

“It’s tough with Charli and I because she wasn’t really around when I was diagnosed, and I never really explained it to her,” Dixie said.

Charlie, too, reacted to her sister’s battle with PMDD. “She either doesn’t want anything to do with me or she wants me to help her,” the 19-year-old said.

“It’s so confusing. I’ve done my own research on PMDD to kind of understand, at least a little bit, but she’s never really explained it to me,” she said.

Dixie further shared during an Instagram Live session, “I’m very happy that I know what’s wrong because now I can find better ways to handle my emotions,” she told her followers.

“I’m feeling better now, and I will probably be going through the same thing next month and the month after that,” the 'One Whole Day' singer added.

The influencer was rushed to hospital in May for the sudden drop in her health. A source later told PageSix, that “an ambulance was called” and she “was treated at the hospital for dehydration.” Despite her poor health, she went on to attend D’Amelio Footwear launch later the same night.

Dixie debuted in the music industry in June 2020 with her first single 'Be Happy.'